We need a Senior Web Developer who will be responsible for working on the front-end and server-side code required to advance, optimize and support our global Human Capital Management products. This individual will lead a team for development initiatives across our product domains, but will also be comfortable working with and supporting other technical teams (as needed). This person will produce common code components that can be leveraged and will implement “secure, responsive web design” at all times.
The successful candidate will be required to research new technologies, methodologies, architecture patterns, develop a proof-of-concept and then create a full implementation plan based on best design pattern applicable to solving the problem.
As a senior technologist, the successful candidate will have a working knowledge of different front-end and server-side programming languages and design patterns. They will be able to work closely with 3rd party digital creative agencies, project managers, and in-house and out-of-house engineers in building and implement the right solution. Responsibility will include writing logic in the appropriate programming language to meet the functional requirements, as well as ensuring the appropriate test cases are implemented. This resource is also expected to ensure proper documentation of code before the code is deployed to production systems.
The candidate in this position will provide all required development or operational support to ensure the applications is performing to availability, load time, security and stability standards. Some of these tasks may require providing support outside of core business hours.
- Graduate Level Degree (B.Sc or Higher)
- 6 – 7 years developing web applications and architectures to support high-traffic, scalable sites
- Software development in language pertinent to project (Angular 6x, HTML5, CSS3, Sass, etc.). Strong front-end and server-side development skills
- Extensive experience developing custom themes and modules for web development
- Previous experience in building responsive web design for tablets and phones
- Understanding of web page front-end optimization best practices
- Track record of leading by example in the areas of code design, source code control, software life-cycle management, documentation, implementation, testing and production release of all software projects related to the environment.
- Experience managing (development and support) of multiple sites
- Experience with web development lifecycle including design, development, testing, and deployment
- Experience with web application architecture & design
- Experience with web development design patterns and best practices
- Experience with web application performance characteristics and best practices including front-end
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional stakeholders including design teams and operational teams.
- ]Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills using knowledge, experience, and understanding of basic Internet concepts along with necessary software, databases and programming languages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management and project development skills, with the ability to deliver on time and to specifications