We offer a great working environment, a competitive salary, a rock-slid team, and many exciting projects. We’re looking for someone with at least five years of proven experience in the industry. Ideally a degree, but a great portfolio/experience is more significant. We are happy to provide FREE one-year accommodation if the candidate is will need to relocate to Ibadan from any state of Nigeria.
The ideal candidate will be an all-rounder in the web development industry, with proven years of experience in the following areas:
- High proficiency in the development of CMS-driven websites (bespoke/custom themes/templates using WordPress)
- Front-end principles such as web standards, responsive design, accessibility and page performance
- E-commerce website development (WooCommerce, Shopify etc)
- Have good SEO knowledge and principles
- Photoshop + any of Illustrator/Adobe XD/Sketch
Candidate must be someone who is willing to help develop our brand to the next level. Self-motivated with a desire to be challenged and expand high/her skillset. Understand what it means to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects.
As our Lead Web Designer/ Developer, you’ll be a key member of the project delivery team - we’ll value your input and expect you to collaborate closely with other members of the team.
Key Job responsibility
- Take clients’ briefs and translate it into the specification for website development
- Develop client websites ensuring correct functionality and optimization. This may include setting up hosting, emails and integrating MySQL databases with client websites
- Provide client support by making changes to pages and existing websites based on client requests and technology changes or to troubleshoot problems.
- Provide client support by backing up client websites and monitoring web servers.
- Monitoring client web site technical performance.
- Assist the Company Director in the planning of overall company strategy regarding web development and search engine optimisation.
You’ll win some bonus points for:
- The ability to bring something entirely different to the table!
- PSD Website design plus HTML conversion
- Git, SASS
- Backend knowledge PHP, architectural patterns and modern frameworks like Laravel
- Mobile app development
- Knowledge sharing and teaching of young/ upcoming developers
Big Field Digital is an award-winning digital growth and marketing agency in Ibadan, with perhaps one of the coolest office interior designs of any digital agencies in Nigeria. We work with clients in Nigeria, Ghana, USA, UK and Canada. We are currently a young and talented team of 6, so you’ll be number 7 or 8! You can check out our website to see our team profile.
We are willing to negotiate a great salary for any candidate who can show superior experience in the field. We’ll happily offer FREE one-year accommodation if the ideal candidate will be relocating to Ibadan.
If you think you have the skills, passion and experience required to join a market-leading, innovative and ambitious brand with expansion in their sights, don't hesitate! Apply now. We can’t wait to meet you :)
Applications without a cover letter and links to an online portfolio of past works will be rejected.
Proven years of experience is required. Beginners or junior web designers/developers need not apply. We also respectfully ask that recruitment agencies DO NOT contact us about this role. No exceptions.