A consulting firm seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Responsible for planning, development, and implementation of all of the Organization’s communications strategy and activities, both external and internal. Directs the efforts of the communications team and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Organization
Duties & Responsibilities
PR delivery service:
- Implement all round PR and marketing communications strategies to support a wide range of internal and external projects and campaigns
- Contribute to the service levels that the marketing and communications team will provide to clients, ensuring that an appropriate standard of delivery is maintained within time and budget constraints and ensure that this is continually reviewed and improved and that communications business objectives are met
- Regularly attend meetings and steering groups relating to your work areas, providing appropriate reports and updates as required. Some of these meetings will be internal, and others will involve high-level external stakeholders. You will be expected to present information, articulate plans, gain feedback and discuss, giving accurate advice as to the impact of different communications routes being followed and to put forward solutions
- Establish effective networks internally and externally and working media relationships to maximise knowledge and understanding of the scope of work and for new business developments
- Work with other teams to support their internal communications requirements and specific projects requiring communications expertise
- Undertake proactive media relations work and understand the media industry and that of our clients, identifying trends and innovative ways to communicate their initiatives
- Deliver crisis communications support
- Leadership and team supervisory skill set required
- Corporate events and exhibitions:
- Responsibility for the organisation of external/client corporate events and exhibitions, providing advisory/logistics support/utilizing all expertise in your area
- Responsible for identifying suppliers for print work, understand technical
- Lead the shaping of marketing communication strategies and plans that capitalize on these opportunities.
- Help determine resources and budgets required, and negotiate with clients.
- Prospect clients for the company services
- Develop media relations strategy with media partners (online, print and TV)
- A degree in the social sciences or relevant discipline. A Masters-level degree would be an added advantage.
- A relevant professional certificate would be an added advantage
- 3-5 years’ experience in a media/PR/Communications role with more than 2 years cognate job experience in leadership position
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude
- Ability to forge relationships with media
- Expert knowledge in the latest in digital and social media technology and channels and how to best leverage for marketing programs as part of an overall social business strategy
- Strong working knowledge of HTML, Word Press, Email Campaign systems, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
- Excellent knowledge of English (both speaking and writing)
- Good interpersonal and communications skills,
- Excellent public relations skills
- Excellent presentations skills
- Ability to manage media inquiries.
- In addition to strong planning, organizational and execution skills.
- Excellent project and deadline management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Copywriting and copyediting skills
- Highly motivated, quick learner, self-starter
- Obsession with excellence and delivery
- May require travel – local and international.
- Physical Requirements
- Satisfactory physical / health status, following medical examinations.