Responsibilities include but not limited to the following;
- Take clients’ briefs, identify their needs and put together feasibility reports and design proposals.
- Create building designs and highly detailed drawings by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications
- Prepare and present design proposals to clients and advise clients concerning the possible outcome of the design.
- Produce detailed drawings.
- Attend site meetings with clients, contractors and other specialists.
- Liaise with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects.
- Co-ordinate the work of contractors and Artisans.
- Work closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists.
- Work around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget.
- Adapt plans according to circumstances and resolve any problems that may arise during construction.
- Play a key part in project and team management.
- Initiate and oversee a project from start to finish ensuring high quality designs that are innovative and functional.
- Compile project specifications.
- Ensure that all projects are carried out to specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations.