- As an Android Developer
- You’re constantly honing your craft of Java or Kotlin development.
- You translate the UI/UX onto Android App.
- You explore and welcome new technologies to improve your product — e.g.
- Jetpack, MotionLayout.
- You have experience profiling memory such as analyzing heap dumps and finding memory leaks.
- You advocate for Android best practices and help your team to constantly improve the codebase.
- You contribute to discussions on user experience, technical architecture and design.
- You consider the 'big picture' perspectives and can successfully balance business goals and technical constraints.
- You understand the intricacies of the Android Lifecycle.
- You understand Material Design and provide meaningful contributions to the design process.
- You enjoy mentoring and teaching others.
Experience and Skills:
- 4+ years’ experience in Android app development.
- Experience of releasing and maintaining Android App/libraries.
- Understanding of Android platform communication primitives and their security properties (i.e. services, content providers, broadcast receivers, binders).
- JSON, Socket.io, Encryption and security, JWT.
- Libraries like RxJava, Dagger, Picasso, Junit, Espresso, Gson/Moshi, OkHTTP, Gradle,
- Room, Apollo, AndroidX.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience with offline storage, threading/background processing and performance tuning.