Odun Environmental seeks to fill the above position with suitable and qualified persons.
- Will be responsible for the operation of the quality control lab including procedures, people, and equipment.
- Will be responsible for adherence to the Quality Management System and continuous improvement initiatives for QC operations.
- Maintain the Laboratory’s Quality System
- Update, revise, and maintain the Laboratory’s Quality Assurance Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, and other quality documents.
- Perform internal audits of the Laboratory, including both technical and quality systems audits.
- Perform and document corrective action, including follow up monitoring to gauge the effectiveness of the corrective action.
- Monitor and Supervise analytical tests done in the laboratory
- Perform analytical tests in the Laboratory
- Follow all Quality Assurance/Quality Control procedures as outlined in the Laboratory Quality Assurance Manual.
- Perform analytical tests in the laboratory as assigned and immediately report any problems with tests, equipment or results
- Assist with laboratory administrative duties
- Maintain smooth laboratory workflow
- Promote good customer relations with all clients
- Ensure quality sample collections and water quality monitoring
- Conduct oversight management for any testing that is outsourced
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the laboratory and ensuring good laboratory practices are implemented, documented and sustained.
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in a laboratory environment.
- Ability to work with moderate supervision, strong attention to detail, good verbal and written skills, positive attitude, ability to work well with others, strong initiative, and willing to accept additional responsibilities.
- Strong and efficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt and drive change
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate reliability and a strong work ethic, be detailed, goal oriented, exhibit time management skills, and perform work accurately in a team-oriented environment.
- Display a high level of computer literacy; Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Access).
- Ability to understand detailed instructions and documents, to work independently, and to work as part of a team
- Show initiative, recognise emerging problems and pro-actively develop solutions