Odun Environmental seeks to fill the above position with suitable and qualified persons.
- A sound understanding of and practical working experience in two or more of: Microbiology, wet chemistry, Instrumentation, GCMS, GC, AAS operations and principles/practices and analysis, will be an advantage
- Performing Laboratory tests on water, soil, sediment, and other matrices
- Maintaining test organism cultures
- General lab maintenance activities
- Data entry
- Statistical analysis
- Daily coordination with Lab Supervisor and other technicians
- Knowledge of common toxicity assays, general lab practices, and lab safety
- Analysing laboratory data and preparing study reports
- As-needed field support
- University Degree in Microbiology, Biochemistry, or related field
- The ideal candidate will have recent and prior experience conducting and overseeing laboratory analysis
- Key personal qualifications for this position include good interpersonal and communication skills, reliability, attention to detail, flexibility in schedule, the ability to follow written and verbal directions, and the ability to work both independently and within a team setting.
- Familiarity with testing methods and associated QA/QC procedures, and advanced statistical experience is desired
- A positive attitude is an absolute necessity