The African Talent Company | TATC seeks qualified candidates in Nigeria to fill this role
We are seeking an experienced lawyer for the role of Knowledge Management (KM) Lawyer to support knowledge management initiatives in the firm.
The KM Lawyer works directly with the HR Manager and the COO to tailor firm-wide knowledge content and systems to:
Lead the firm’s practice group efforts in creating and maintaining KM content and tools for both internal and client-facing/marketing purposes; and
Promote a culture that is open to knowledge sharing and practice innovation.
The KM Lawyer will play a key role in the drafting and maintenance of practice-knowledge resources.
- Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Creating, organizing and maintaining knowledge resources, transaction
- databases, precedents, exemplars, forms and checklists, based on the needs of our lawyers by both generating new content/documents and coordinating,
- leveraging and repurposing existing content/documents;
- Introducing relevant knowledge content, tools and information resources to
- lawyers and paralegals;
- Acting as a liaison between the practice groups, the IT Department and firm-wide KM efforts to select technology platforms and to drive practice group adoption of these technologies;
- Collaborating with KM professionals in other practices to exchange best practices in knowledge resources and content development developed by each
- practice; and
- Developing competitive intelligence about KM initiatives in other law practices.
- The Knowledge Management Lawyer will not perform client legal work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- At least 3 years of practice experience;
- Experience with KM and implementation of KM resources.
- Fluency and comfort with technology, and willingness to learn new platforms and systems;
- Demonstrated leadership on projects;
- Demonstrated collaboration skills across different practice groups; and
- Strong legal research skills.