The Key Account Manager is responsible for managing key accounts, maintaining a long term relationship with accounts and maximizing sales opportunities within them. He/she will need a high level of an innovative and eager mind in order to research, propose, and sell services and respond effectively to clients’ queries.
The Key Account Manager will hold an end to end process ownership of all our clients life cycle from Prospecting, Acquiring, Conversion (closing the deal), Retention and Loyalty. He/she must be energetic, detailed, and customer focused person with the ability to prioritize work, liaise with team members, and work as an individual to achieve targets and complete goals. The primary objective is to develop strategic partnerships with key account decision makers to drive revenue and position larger wins in the future.
Focusing on growing and developing existing clients, together with generating new business.
Develop, penetrate and maintain relationships with key decision makers at
existing key accounts through regular planned contact
Meet and exceed yearly sales target.
Develop a solid understanding of all unique purchasing/sourcing processes,
procedures and decision criteria to formulate a strategic account penetration plan detailing the actions necessary to effectively and profitably close orders with each account.
Analyze customer needs and identify product solutions to fit needs, desires and budget.
Search for new clients and create database of prospects that will benefit from company products or services and maximize customer potential in designated regions.
Playing an integral role in new business pitches and hold responsibility for the effective on-boarding of new clients.
Write business plans for all current and opportunity tender business.
Develop long-term relationships with customers
Manage and interprete customer requirements - speaking with clients to
understand, anticipate and meet their needs;
Calculate and issue client quotations;
Negotiate tender and contract terms to meet both client and company needs;
Administer client accounts;
Analyzing costs and sales
Record and maintain client contact data
You will act as the key interface between the customer and all relevant divisions
- University Degree or its equivalent, preferably in Computer/Electrical/Electronics
- Engineering or Computer Science is required.
- Three or more year(s) field sales and account management professional
- experience with an ICT Solutions Provider.
- Relevant experience in sale of IT services with knowledge of solutions from
- Juniper Networks, Blue Coat, F5, Cisco and VMware will be an added advantage.
- Strong account management and relationship building skills.
- Experience of managing major national accounts.
- Highly self-motivated.
- A solid sales background;
- Ability to research and quickly disseminate information
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent skills in business and report writing
- Excellent communicator
- Sound judgment and good business sense
- Team working ability
- The ability to build relationships with clients quickly Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resilience and tenacity
- Input data regarding quotations and sales into ERP software (with 0% error rate)
- Prepare weekly reports and track sales projections
- Prepare monthly sales report
- Provides quarterly sales figure to determine budget projections
- Provide reports on new clients demanding for the company’s products
- Organize and plan work to meet deadlines
- Establish and maintain working relationships with colleagues, staff in other departments, and members of the public
- Please ensure your Jobberman profile is 100% complete before applying for this job. Candidates with incomplete profiles have a much lower chance of having their applications viewed.