La Fayette Microfinance Bank Limited - As an international registered microfinance bank, La Fayette Microfinance Bank offers a complete range of financial services and means of payment for its customers, including savings accounts, current accounts, and fixed deposit accounts.
Fully client-oriented, La Fayette Microfinance Bank offers great flexibility, independence, and financial security to help clients stay committed to their short and long-term financial goals. Formally incorporated as La Fayette Microfinance Bank, the bank started full operation in February 2013 and has built a strong client base, serving clients from eight branch networks in Ibadan– Bodija, Challenge, Dugbe, Gbagi, and Iwo road, Ogbomosho, Oyo and Saki towns, all strategically situated within close proximity to customers.
Job Reference: JNA/LAF/18
- The Junior IT Officer will maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
Main Responsibilities and Task
- To manage and maintain the computer equipment, software, applications, and telecom and optimize its use.
- To manage the cabling: connection, change, maintenance, ventilation and fault detection.
- To install, update and configure the operating system and applications of the user’s environment: desk, services, and network.
- To monitor daily operations.
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate customer’s networks and in-house servers
- Keep an eye out for needed updates
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Set up user accounts, permissions, and passwords
- Resolve problems reported by end user
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration
- Minimum of first Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related course of study is required. Relevant professional qualification(s) and certification(s) will be an advantage.
- Relevant experience in a similar role with General knowledge of systems and network architecture. Good knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating system and Knowledge of Radio and Telecom will be an asset.
- Proven experience in a network administrator role
- Hands on experience in networking, routing, and switching
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired.
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking
- Cisco CCNA or other related certification required