- Objectively review the organization's business processes and policies.
- Evaluate the adequacy of the system of internal controls;
- Make recommendations on how to improve internal controls and governance processes
- Monitors and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of the System of Internal Control .
- Recommend improvements in controls;
- Assess compliance with policies and procedures and sound business practices;
- Assess and ensure compliance with state and federal laws and contractual obligations.
- Review operations/programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and whether the operations/programs are being carried out as planned;
- Verify the existence of assets and recommend proper safeguards for their protection;
- Evaluate the efficacy of risk management procedures that are currently in place
- Protect against fraud and theft of the organization's assets
- Agrees the annual Internal Audit Plan with the Director of Finance and the Executive Director.
- Performs the audits and reviews in the Internal Audit Plan
- Makes recommendations to management about improving the operational, financial and governance control systems with a view to attaining best value for money.
- Provide a consulting service for Management to aid the identification of risks and to advise on the implementation of systems of control in order to minimise financial, operational and governance risks.
- Investigate reported occurrences of fraud, embezzlement, theft, waste, etc
- Provide an objective assurance for management and other stakeholders
- Assist management in identifying risks associated with their activities
- Provide analysis, advice and information to management
- Advise management on the implementation of controls for new systems/project
- Mandatory financial reporting on a periodic basis
- Certification of financial reports by company officers that reports do not contain false or misleading information
- Provide periodic evaluations and reports regarding the efficacy of internal control procedures and a list of any deficiencies in the current procedures
- Required reports regarding any significant changes in internal auditing or control procedures that could potentially expose the company to additional risk
- Recommendation of Criminal sanctions when necessary to maintain good governance in the company
- Review the payroll in line with the human resources pay advice monthly and annually
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as may be required from time to time
Strong communication skills- written and verbal.
Versatile in the use of Microsoft office suite- especially Excel and Word
Qualification and Experience
Hold a bachelor's degree /HND from an accredited university or college
ICAN/ACCA or must have started accounting professional exams and is at the professional stage.
Obtain a minimum of at least 3 years of continuous work experience in audit and finance.
Salary: N2,300,0000 and N3,000,000 gross (annual)
Job Location: Anthony, Ibeju Lekki
- Please ensure your Jobberman profile is 100% complete before applying for this job. Candidates with incomplete profiles have a much lower chance of having their applications viewed.