The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is driven by the vision of a world without malnutrition. GAIN is a Swiss-based foundation that mobilizes public-private partnerships and provides financial and technical support to deliver nutritious foods to those people most at risk of malnutrition. GAIN is delivering improved nutrition to an estimated 700 million people in more than 30 countries, half of whom are women and children. Nutrition products are as varied as fortified cooking oil and flour in Africa, soy sauce in China and biscuits in India, as well as specialized products for infant and young child nutrition and interventions to protect the most vulnerable affected by emergencies or chronic illness.
About the Program
- GAIN’s purpose is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving the consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition. We aim to improve the consumption of safe and nutritious foods for - at a minimum -1 billion people over the next five years and target major improvements to food systems, resulting in more diverse and healthier diets for vulnerable people in countries where we work.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage the portfolio of SBN member companies providing technical support where necessary
- Liaise with, communicate and coordinate periodic meetings with members
- Update and review members commitment tracking dashboard/database
- Maintain and develop relationships between SBN members, Government and B2B companies
- Support with the preparation of high-quality monthly reports and other materials to communicate the performance of SBN Nigeria
- When necessary, represent GAIN at meetings and conferences and all stakeholders
- Provide technical and operational assistance to SBN Coordinator and the GAIN Country Director
- Contribute to concept development and fundraising proposals
- Carry out research at the request of the SBN Coordinator
- Support strengthening of the SBN Nigeria Platform and management of communication channels including but not limited to the SBN website and all social media platforms with support from the GAIN Communications Lead
- Support SBN Coordinator and others to ensure that all SBN activities are completed according to the implementation timeframe and budget
- Liaise with other key SUN Movement stakeholders in country (including Government focal point, civil society representative, donor leads and others) to build visibility and represent the SBN in country
- Support the recruitment of business as members of the SBN Nigeria
- Organize meetings and workshops
- Provide administrative support for SBN Nigeria, e.g. diary management and travel arrangements
- Provide support to the coordinator in business engagement in nutrition and in the implementation of the SBN strategy.
Key Organizational Relationships
- Reports to the SBN Coordinator
- Works closely with SBN global team
- Works closely with the GAIN Nigeria country team
- Regular engagement with Nigeria’s Development Partners and Nigeria SUN stakeholders
Competencies (Skills and Attributes):
- Ability to multi-task with high attention to detail
- Negotiation skills with the ability to manage contractors/vendors to deliver high quality results
- Ability to operate within the corporate and public sectors to effectively work with private companies, development agencies, and governments in multiple cultures
- Innovative, problem solving work approach
- Strong communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environment
- Flexible, goal oriented and willingness to travel in challenging environments
- IT literate with excellent MS Office skills including advanced Excel.
- Experience in Government and Private sector engagement
- Experience working in the Private sector and managing business issues in Nigeria
- Business development experience in the Nigerian context
- Experience developing successful public / private partnerships.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Nutrition, Business, Management, Public Health, Economics or a suitable equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written): fluent in English
- Ability to manage online communication platforms
- Be willing to travel
- Comfortable with working under pressure/tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment,
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work alone and in a team setting.