Harrybaker is a training and consultancy organization that equips professionals in Nigeria and beyond with the knowledge of what they need to be effective and efficient.
Our training portfolio covers a range of domains which contributed to having a client base that cuts across almost every industry.
Currently, we are undergoing transformation and reorganization to disrupt the workforce and talent management space globally.
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Accountant to provide support to the finance department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and pay attention to detail.
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition. This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish its long term success.
- Record and process all business transactions in the accounting system using double-entry accounting
- Maintain accurate financial records and statements
- Record transactions and events relating to sales, purchases, receivables, payables and cash
- Record transactions and events relating to inventory, accruals, prepayments, capital structure and finance costs
- Calculate customer and/or supplier account balances and reconcile with totals
- Compile the relevant business documentation used in banking processes
- Process payroll transactions into the organisation’s accounting system
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Perform month-end closing activities
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Assist with tax computation and tax returns
- Enter accurate data into the accounting system
- Retrieve system reports from the accounting system for management’s use
- Use relevant Infocomm technology systems and tools effectively for data analysis
Skills, Knowledge, and abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. Quickbooks)
- An analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
A Minimum of BSc/Ba in Accounting, Finance or a related field; professional certification is a plus, but not required
Not older than 26