The IT department provides all IT and IT related services to Fort Knox offices nationwide. Platforms include public facing websites and the internal network in respective offices which are also connected remotely over servers. Users of IT facilities in place include Windows desktop, email, Finance and other systems. The department supports over 300 users distributed in every state of the nation.
Duties and responsibilities
· General IT Support, dealing with hardware and software enquiries.
· First line support for all desktop, laptops, phones and other IT equipment users
· Routine server maintenance and monitoring
· Working together with the DM, Projects and IT Southern Nigeria and HR to ensure that staff IT training requirement are met.
Elaborated requirements relevant to the role:
· Responsible for maintaining and configuring IT infrastructure operations including desktops, servers, virtualization and storage under guidance of Projects and IT heads in Southern and Northern Nigeria
· Daily system monitoring to verify the integrity and availability of hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, review system and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as back-ups.
· Repair and recover from hardware and software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users.
· Support planning and scheduling upgrades and maintenance of hardware and software
· Support disaster recovery, business continuity and back up of IT services
· Application of OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade of administrative tools and utilities
· Conducting weekly performance reporting on ISPs and server performances to support capacity planning
· Work with the heads of Projects and IT in Southern and Norther Nigeria to configure connected systems such as Active Directory and desktop to provide excellent user experience.
Skills & Competencies required
· Must have knowledge of wide range of IT hardware and applications including security solutions like anti-virus
· Ability to diagnose, identify and troubleshoot wide range of technical issues quickly and correctly
· Solid knowledge of operating system configuration and troubleshooting Windows systems
· Knowledge of server configuration and standard network operations services – DNS, DHCP, Active Dirctory, SMTP, POP, IMAP, HTTPS, synchronization, time, file and print services
· Knowledge of Microsoft Server 2008/2012 R2, Group Policy Administration, Office 365 and back up solutions
· Ability to manage own priorities
· Customer service oriented.
· Ability to develop mobile apps that are easy to use and customer friendly will be an added advantage.
· Must have strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, able to perform complex tasks in one or more software development area.
· The ability to work independently and as part of team is essential.
· Must be able to work in a team environment, which may require extended hours to meet time deadlines.
· Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
· Must be prepared to travel at short notice.
Person profile/Experience required
· Minimum qualification of Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering or B.Sc in Electrical Engineering or related academic discipline required
· At least 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role.
· Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English, including the ability to explain complex ideas to others with varying levels of expertise throughout the organization and with potential business partners.
· Proficient organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple, overlapping, and potentially conflicting priorities.
· Proficient ability to remain highly effective under stress and respond to pressure in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization.
· Proficient experience working with developing and supporting scalable services technologies with strict SLAs and high throughput.
· MCP or MCSE will be an added advantage