IT Technician Job Description
Working with the Head of IT, IT Support Manager, staff or colleagues at the Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria, drive the use of technology in the organization, provide effective IT systems, help develop and implement IT standards and policies, and provide technical support and solutions to meet the needs of the organization.
The IT Technician will manage the overall technology infrastructure for the Lagos Office, all Agents, Game Centres, including planning, implementation and management of the software applications and hardware infrastructure that support operations. The IT Technician will be involved in systems administration including general computer support; upgrades; software installations; license management; network and printer support; deployment of equipment; management of inventories; end user support. She/he will be in charge of providing user training on common business applications and use of the IT systems.
Supported technologies include but are not limited to: wired and wireless networks, storage systems, Windows OS, MS Office suites, Evona, end-user workstations, laptops tablets, and various proprietary and commercial software applications and hardware.
- Installs, tests, and commissions various components as upgrades to existing systems as well as the assembly of complete platforms.
- Provides feedback to identify shortages and discrepancies and plans to arrive at appropriate solutions for installation efforts.
- Coordinates with site personnel to accomplish equipment installations.
- Service and support for MS Windows computers
- Provide support for Network infrastructure and devices
- Provide support and recommendations on best practices for IT maintenance, applications for efficiency, new software & technologies
- Configure and deploy new and refurbished workstations, laptops, tablets, printers and peripheral equipment.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, update and maintain workstations, tablets and laptops.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot printers/copiers as well as manage toner requests.
- Setup and support audio/visual equipment for presentations and trainings on and off site.
- Install and configure peripherals including scanners, external drives, monitors and other peripheral hardware.
- Removal/disposal of non-functional equipment
- Monitor network to ensure network functionality and availability to all system users.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair cabled, wireless and other network infrastructure.
- Support existing/new server/s and administer access rights for all users in the office.
- 3+ years of experience including troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing Intel/AMD based personal computers and laptops, twisted pair cable installation, terminations and testing.
- 3+ years of experience installing and maintaining MS Windows computers, MS Windows operating systems
- Related industry experience in information technology or engineering
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools
- Excellent communication, effective interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Attention to details
- Get it done attitude
- Routine Administrative Tasks:
- Create and maintain inventory, which may include hardware, software and various items such as laser printer cartridges and peripheral equipment.
- Maintaining documentation of processes, procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
- Monitor and report IT expenses.
- Assist with preparation of operating budgets based on estimated and actual expenditures for IT systems and support needs.
- Keep IT equipment, storage area and work area clean and organized
- Preferred Experience/Qualifications
- Professional knowledge of network technologies and Windows clients
- Experience in handling servers and related access management control
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues
- Willing to take ownership of issue analysis and resolution efforts and commit to 'doing what it takes' to resolve technical issues regardless of the effort or timeframe required.
- Ability to work and cooperate well with people
- Working in a structured manner