Arkounting Professional Services (apsarkounting) Limited is a Management Consulting firm involved in the provision of various services to financial institutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedule backups and communicate downtime to users.
- Ensure all software is correctly licensed and version up-to-date where applicable
- Participate in the recruitment of staff for the IT Department and ensure that they are adequately trained;
- Manages IT staff ensuring adherence to established procedures, and conformance with departmental standards;
- Monitor and appraise the performance of staff supervised, to ensure
- Company expectations are met and that the required follow-up actions are taken;
- Establish and maintain network user accounts, user environment, directories and security.
- Create and maintain Technical manuals.
- Monitor and manage disk usage.
- Train users on software and equipment usage.
- Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
- Research and evaluate new administration methods.
- Install and test software upgrades
Qualities & Skills
- A technical, logical thought process.
- Problem-solving skills.
- An ability to stick to strict deadlines.
- An ability to prioritize.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- The ability to work well in a team.
- Problem solving skills.
- A strong customer focus.
- The ability to prioritise your workload.
- Attention to detail.
- B.Sc. Degree in Information/Communication Technology or Science related discipline.
- Substantial knowledge about computer hardware configurations.
- Capable of developing strategic plans for an entire activity and establish priorities for the activities of subordinates in order to fulfil these plans.
- Ability to work under pressure with detailed plans and forecasts, anticipate potential resource constraints and diagnose, evaluate and resolve such problems as they occur.
- At least 2-3 years of working experience as a systems administrator for a medium to large private sector organization.
- Experience in systems integration and administration.