Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners - Our client, a Telecoms Company, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position above.
- This position is fully responsible for the project billing process; which includes being accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected.
- Successful candidates will also be responsible for responding to client inquiries, verifying employee’s chargeable time; in accordance with the established accounting standards and billing policy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Maintaining a Cost Accounting System
- Analysing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Report on project profitability to management, report to management on any opportunities for additional billings and also regarding the remaining funding available for projects.
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers
- Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for approval by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Mail final invoices, file consultant and client invoice copies in the billing folder.
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the Accounting Supervisor, as to your observations and actions taken.
- Work with the cash receipts team member to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash.
- Generate and distribute bi-monthly receivables reports and monthly profitability reports.
- Review weekly time sheets, along with the accounting group.
- Analyse the P & L accounts monthly, as assigned by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconcilements, as directed by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle.
- Prepare special project analyses for the PICs, PMs and others.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Accounting Supervisor.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or other related fields.
- A minimum of 6 years post NYSC experience as an IT Project Accountant.
Knowledge and Skill Requirement:
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- Familiarity with Windows-based operating systems and web based applications.
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Accounting Services Manager, as necessary.
- Strong service orientation.
- Knowledge of the project structure in a client/consultant business environment.
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV's in MS Word format and Cover Letters with "IT Project Accountant" as the subject of the email.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.