A reputable company seeks to fill the above position with suitable and qualified persons.
- Assist users with the installation, configuration and maintenance of various computer hardware and communication infrastructure both at the office and remote locations. Furthermore, provide support and maintain the different databases to ensure 99:9% availability.
- Carry out the installation of new PCs, printers and other peripheral devices.
- Configure network settings for computer notebooks and servers.
- Monitor network performance and suggest improvement
- Oversee the security of all systems and the internet
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Assist with the setting up and maintenance of network security.
- Log support calls and conducting the general diagnostic and troubleshooting functions.
- Proper database monitoring to ensure optimum database availability and performance.
- Ensure database security, including backups & disaster recovery.
- Contribute expertise to participate and support application design
- Familiar with the use of call centre systems and issue logging and resolution.
- Good knowledge of server and PC administration
- Deep understanding of different operating systems including Windows and Linux
- Knowledge of database design and queries
- Proficient in one or more of the leading database management systems, such as, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2 and Oracle.