A top law firm in Abuja seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Reports to: Director of Operations
This role requires providing the vision and leadership for designing, developing and implementing IT initiatives that create client and business value. To drive the continuous transformation of IT to achieving best in class agility, responsiveness and innovation thereby enabling the firm achieve its strategic vision.
To oversee the people, processes and technologies within the firm’s IT function to ensure they deliver outcomes that support the goals of the business
Partners, Management Committee
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Team Development/Leadership
- Lead, develop and implement IT initiatives that enable the firm to operate effectively and profitably in a constantly changing and demanding marketplace.
- Translate the company vision into IT systems and procedures, articulating this critical link to the all stakeholders including the Management Team and employees.
- Manage, motivate, and develop staff within the IT Team. Ensure the organizational structure is appropriate for supporting company’s current and future business needs.
- Continuously review and drive optimal employee engagement within the IT function
- Provide strategic leadership and management to deliver consistent, effective and integrated operations of IT services that help to achieve the firm’s strategy and goals.
- Continuously align IT services and solutions with leading industry practices to drive optimal value creation within the firm
- Establish strategic relationships with key suppliers to ensure the sustainability of services in the long term
- Lead and coordinate the development and design of the Enterprise Architecture ensuring that Business, Information, Solutions, Infrastructure and Digital Architectures are integrated and in line with the IT Strategy, governance frameworks, and where required, adhere to any legislative and regulatory requirements
- Develop plans and budgets in light of internal work needs and operating units’ approved projects.
- Attract, recruit and retain a high performing IT team through leadership, performance management and feedback to ensure the IT Strategy is realized and IT solutions delivered successfully and in compliance to the regulatory environment.
- Ensure availability of necessary application systems to support business and operation needs.
- Develop IT policies and procedures on a basis for ensuring consistency in standards and leveraging of common systems
- Establish and measure IT performance relative to cost, value creation and client satisfaction in the key areas of operating systems, telecommunications, network management and desktop support.
- Lead and coordinate selection, installation, operation, support, and maintenance of the firm’s information technology infrastructure (i.e. operating systems, networks, telecommunications, hardware, and peripherals).
- Optimize return on IT investment by acquiring cost-justified IT components, as measured by performance, support availability, price, upgradeability, and future industry trends.
- Protect the firm and its operations against IT risks, including unauthorized access to information, data integrity problems, loss of processing capability, and poor service levels.
- Set office automation standards within the firm and oversee acquisition, deployment, and support of office support systems.
- Ensure the IT infrastructure is successfully exploited to achieve continuous improvement and competitive advantage by identifying needs and, developing and providing appropriate training and support for all users.
- Cooperate with operating units in conceptualizing, developing, and launching technology based products and services.
- Maintain Asset Inventory
- Drive adherence to continuous monitoring and measuring of the IT Infrastructure
- Report on all aspects of Information Security to the Management in a timely manner
- Oversee network and system administration (including backup, security management, user account management, e-mail systems including e-mail web server, internet access, office systems and applications support).
- Ensure that all workstations and servers are patched with the latest security.
- Protect the business through pro-active risk management & recovery mechanisms.
Job Attribute and Skills
Proven senior IT management experience
In-depth knowledge and experience of IT strategy
In-depth knowledge of project management frameworks
Understanding of the strategic direction of the Legal or professional services industry
Sound strategic financial planning and management skills
Sound interpersonal and communication skills
Sound leadership, conflict management and negotiation skills
Creative, results-oriented and analytical
Core SFIA6 Skill Requirements
IT Governance (GOVN 7)
IT Management (ITMG 7)
Innovation (INOV 6)
Relationship Management (RLMT 6)
Other SFIA6 Skill Requirements
Emerging Technology Monitoring (EMRG 4)
Project Management (PRMG 7)
Key Performance Indicators:
Improved Service Delivery by factor of 10% annually
Average hours of downtime & non-availability of IT services monthly
Internal customer satisfaction score
% of IT cost vs Total Revenue of the firm
Number of new digital business solutions developed
Number of solutions related customer complaints
ROI on solutions deployed
Experience and Qualifications required
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business or any IT related discipline.
IT or Business Masters Degree would be a plus
10+ years of IT Management experience in a progressive web development environment.
12+ years of total IT experience including computer operations management, multiple roles in systems implementation, supervision of technical personnel, architecture, security/compliance, business-wide strategic planning and budgetary responsibility.
Understanding of and experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle.
Knowledge of source control management and automated testing concepts.
Well-rounded business background with a broad understanding of research and development, marketing, and financials; a Profit and loss (P&L) orientation.
Verifiable track record of effective leadership which includes strong strategic thinking and successful execution with technical and intellectual resources.
Ability to establish immediate credibility at all levels, inside and outside the organization.
Certified in Advanced Information Technology or certifications such as MCSE, CGEIT and/or PMP are desired