Our client is looking to hire an IT Database Officer to carry out the following responsibilities:
Software and Hardware Infrastructure Maintenance
- Oversee the administration of the organization’s local, wide and wireless networks (LAN, WAN and WLAN).
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of computer stations and software for company training programs.
- Plan, implement, administer and maintain all the organisation’s IT infrastructure at scheduled periods e.g. additions, deletions, major modifications, updates, upgrades, subscriptions, renewals, set-up, configuration, back-ups and scanning.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery.
- Work with the team to help implement the organisation’s IT related projects e.g. application development, SaaS, work tools, social media campaigns, web and SMS driven platforms etc.
- Review and make informed decisions in recommending the purchase of hardware, software and other IT supplies.
- Provide IT expert support whenever necessary.
- Develop DIY tips on day-to-day IT related matters for staff.
Web and Email Administration
- Review & upgrade on all ongoing development of the organisation's website.
- Increase the organisation's projects site’s, search engine optimization and ranking through search engine ranking, Meta descriptions and site sharing.
- Design web pages including graphics, visuals, video and functionality in conjunction with the organisation’s Graphics Team.
- Monitor web and blog traffic and provide monthly reports to management.
- Provide troubleshooting support and liaison with web and email providers, as required.
- Create customized email addresses and signature for the organisation's Staff.
- Assist in the development of web publicity campaigns, as required.
- Establish online marketing initiatives to increase site traffic e.g. registration with other election-related sites, sharing of news and blogs with other sites, engaging with other common-interest sites.
- Ensure website content is relevant and up-to-date.
- Replicate content of weekly newsletter on the website every week.
- Monitor published content, maintain continuity of themes, design layout, and streamline navigation on the organisation’s website.
- Partner with the internal and external media team, programs unit and developers to ensure sites meet the organisation’s needs.
- Ensure domain registrations and hosting are current and properly manage and allocate permissions for site users.
- Manage domain and hosting space allocation. Flag users on purging their mailboxes and archive emails.
- Ensure emails, mailing lists/groups are properly allocated and maintained.
Database and Security Administration
- Maintain a very high level of password security for all the organisation's accounts and assets - online and offline.
- Ensure subscribers’ email addresses are safeguarded and secured
- Ensure the safety of assets by providing and enforcing IT Operation Manuals to staff and relevant malware subscription/usage.
- Build and maintain the required database.
- Minimise database downtime and update and amend existing databases.
- Responsible for the performance, integrity and security of the organisation’s database plus back up procedures.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users – input and extraction of data.
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in the appropriate format and in a timely manner.
- 1-3 years work experience in a similar role
- Post-secondary education/qualifications in Multimedia design, Computer science or Information technology.
- Strong web design skills including knowledge of content management systems.
- Strong understanding of best practices for online usability and accessibility and search engine optimization.
- Experience with online marketing initiatives.
- Knowledge of web trends & analytics and the necessary tools to track & manage.
- Knowledge of database management programs
- Excellent verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure while being attentive to detail.