Lidya is a financial services platform to improve access to credit and finance across frontier and emerging markets starting with Nigeria. Launched in November 2016, with a mission to close that yawning credit gap, both in Nigeria and across emerging markets where there is a $2.6 Trillion SME credit gap worldwide.
- You will work closely with the Senior Management team and be fully responsible for:
- Customer Acquisition: Qualification, education, closing and launching relationships with clients across relevant sectors including but not limited to Companies in the eCommerce, Consumer Goods, Healthcare and Financial Services industries.
- Loan Portfolio Growth. Support the evaluation, authorization and approval of loans given to customers including, ensuring that credit appraisals and documentations are completed properly.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Managing existing client engagements. Managing and closing current deals with clients, corporate partners, funding partners, and acquiring new business for Lidya, in particular with Enterprise clients.
- Authentication of documentation presented for all credit applications and ensuring they meet KYC, loan assessment and any other documentation as required by the Lidya and by the regulators.
- Appraisal of customer loan applications and approval or rejection of applications within agreed timelines and loan limits.
- Design and implement process for recollection of disbursed loans including recovery of items pledged as security on delinquent loans.
- Managing and assisting in the preparation of financial models and client marketing presentations.
- 1 to 3 years+ of experience (preferably commercial) working with an Investment Bank, Commercial Bank, Management Consulting Firm or in a Business Development Role.
- Working knowledge of the entire underwriting process from loan application to funds disbursement and collections.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Investments or a related business discipline (MBA, CPA, or CFA is a plus).
- Demonstrated experience with managing day to day aspects of client relationships and projects including considerable experience with customer negotiations.
- Outstanding customer engagement skills and a passion for creating an extraordinary customer experience regardless of the final credit decision.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to read and assess both individual and company financial statements - profitability, cash flow and debt service capacity analysis + projections.
- Ability to properly identify the key credit risks, and reach a prompt and well thought out credit decision.