A consulting firm seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
- Build a strong compliance environment to ensure zero level of policy, procedures and regulatory infractions.
- Institute checks and balances in company operations.
- Build strong awareness in all relevant staff on all policy and procedures issues; zero tolerance for income leakages
Reports to Deputy Managing Director/CEOGroupN/A
Supervises or liaises with Finance
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Investigative Skills/Competencies.
- Promptness, Accuracy & Detailed.
- Visionary competence
- Generic Skills
- Strategic Focus/ Orientation
- Integrity and Discretion
- Initiative/ Proactive
- Analytical skills / Problem solving
- Resilience, Tenacity and Integrity
- Interpersonal skills
- To check and ensure total adherence to the company policy and procedures.
- Daily/regular review/check of posting done by Finance staff on a next day basis to facilitate early detection of errors.
- Conduct periodic stock taking. A monthly stock taking is recommended. The Individual will agree physical stock to the systems records and differences if any must be investigated and resolved.
- Continuous review of processes in order to ensure that inherent process gaps that could lead to error and fraud are closed out immediately once noticed.
- To check and ensure there are no wastages and leakages in admin and procurement transactions.
- Review of Bank charges on monthly basis in order to ensure early detection and to ensure that wrong charges are immediately reversed by banks.
- Fixed assets verifications.
- Review and ensure compliance to regulations and laws governing the sector
- To carry out investigation of abuses, error, fraud etc., recommend according to human resources sanction grid and report same directly to the CEO for immediate action.
- To check and ensure that all statutory deductions and taxes are remitted as and when due.
- To render weekly exceptions report with appropriate recommendations.
- Perform other functions as assigned by the DMD/MD
Minimum of 7 years post qualification experience in Internal Control environment,
- A good first degree in any social science discipline with a minimum of a second class lower or HND equivalent. Relevant Masters’ degree will be an advantage
- Professional Membership
- A recognized professional certification will be an added advantage.
- Supervisory Skills
- Coaching /Leadership / Influencing
- Initiative/Entrepreneurship/ taking ownership
- Team building / conflict management
- Organization & coordination
- General managerial /administration