- Build a strong compliance environment to ensure zero level policy, procedures and regulatory infractions.
- Institute checks and balances in company operations.
- Build strong awareness in all relevant staff on all policy and procedures issues; zero tolerance for income leakages
- Reports to: Deputy Managing Director/CEO
Functions & Responsibilities:
- To check and ensure total adherence to the company policy and procedures. Conducts periodic audits and checks of all the divisions in the company.
- Daily/regular review/check of posting done by Finance staff on a next day basis to facilitate early detection of errors.
- Conduct periodic stock taking. A monthly stock-taking is recommended. The Individual will agree physical stock to the systems records and differences if any must be investigated and resolved.
- Continuous review of processes in order to ensure that inherent process gaps that could lead to error and fraud are closed out immediately once noticed.
- To check and ensure there are no wastages and leakages in admin and procurement transactions. Monthly review of procurement across the company in line with laid down rules.
- Monthly review of Salary/Payroll and tender a report thereof.
- Review of Bank charges on a monthly basis in order to ensure early detection and to ensure that wrong charges are immediately reversed by banks.
- Fixed assets verifications.
- Review and ensure compliance to regulations and laws governing the sector
- To carry out an investigation of abuses, error, fraud, etc., recommend according to the human resources sanction grid and report the same directly to the CEO for immediate action.
- To check and ensure that all statutory deductions and taxes are remitted as and when due.
- To render weekly exceptions report with appropriate recommendations.
- Perform other functions as assigned by the DMD/MD.
Skills / Competency Requirements:
- Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Investigative Skills/Competencies.
- Promptness, Accuracy & Detailed.
- Visionary competence
- Strategic Focus/ Orientation
- Integrity and Discretion
- Initiative/ Proactive
- Analytical skills / Problem solving
- Resilience, Tenacity, and Integrity
- Interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 7 years post qualification experience in Internal Control environment,
- A good first degree in any social science discipline with a minimum of a second class lower or HND equivalent. Relevant Masters’ degree will be an advantage
- A recognized professional certification will be an added advantage.
- Coaching /Leadership / Influencing
- Initiative/Entrepreneurship/ taking ownership
- Team building/conflict management
- Organization & coordination
- General managerial /administration