This role is responsible for conducting and reporting on scheduled audits, key control testing, and investigations
Performing the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
Coordinate with External Auditors, ensuring efficient implementation of the overall statutory financial audit plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Report to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors regarding internal control matters, results of audit reviews, the progression of audit plan and any other matters of discussion.
- Design and implement an effective internal audit plan to review businesses activities around the operations of the Company and ensures timely reporting for management decision making.
- Evaluate the adequacy of the company’s internal control framework in addressing risks and accomplishing the company’s goals and objectives and make recommendations
- Investigation of all frauds and other required cases and reporting on all to the appropriate quarters
- Evaluate audit management report for implementation and ensure accuracy of financial reporting.
- Carrying out monthly audit review of financial statements prepared by accounts
- Partaking in periodic stock taking exercise at all company location
- Perform all assigned audit assignment at financial, operational and administrative processes and systems.
- Assists in and contributes to the development and planning of the Annual Risk Assessment by identifying, assessing, and recommending solutions to key business risks.
- Evaluate comprehensive business processes and transactions to analyze productiveness of controls and risk alleviation.
- Review Internal Control systems within the company, suitable recommendations for Audit findings and drafting of Audit report.
Competence and Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of audit techniques and methods required
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Data mining and analytics
- Testing and Analysis Skills
- A keen interest in the financial system.
- Ability to work with deadlines and to work under pressure.
- Sound strategic thinking, with risk and control consciousness
- Communication & Presentation, Good report writing skills
- Comprehensive, clear, and constructive audit and fraud reports
- Displays awareness of the need for confidentially in sensitive matters
- First degree or its equivalent in a numerate discipline (Accounting, Economics, Finance, etc), MBA or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting is an added advantage
- Professional accounting certification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CISA or other relevant higher business degree as an added advantage
- Minimum Seven (8) internal audit experience in a reputable organization, with at least three (3) years at managing the strategic direction of a business risk unit.
- Knowledge of internal audit methodologies, corporate governance procedures and accounting standards.
- Good knowledge and hands on practical experience and use of accounting packages and systems.
- Systems Audit experience is a plus
- Experience working in Fintech/Banking/Financial sector is an added advantage
- External Audit Experience is as an added advantage