- The internal auditor will be responsible for conducting and reporting scheduled audits, key control testings and investigations
- The ideal candidate will perform the full audit cycle, including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- He or she will coordinate with external auditors, while ensuring efficient implementation of the overall statutory financial audit plans.
- Report to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors regarding internal control matters, results of audit reviews, the progression of audit plan and any other matters of discussion.
- Design and implement an effective internal audit plan to review businesses activities around the operations of the Company and ensures timely reporting for management decision making.
- Evaluate the adequacy of the company’s internal control framework in addressing risks and accomplishing the company’s goals and objectives and make recommendations
- Investigate all frauds and other required cases and reporting on all to the appropriate quarters
- Evaluate audit management report for implementation and ensure accuracy of financial reporting.
- Carry out monthly audit review of financial statements prepared by accounts
- Partake in periodic stock-taking exercise at all company location
- Perform all assigned audit assignment at financial, operational and administrative processes and systems.
- Assist in and contribute to the development and planning of the Annual Risk Assessment by identifying, assessing, and recommending solutions to key business risks.
- Evaluate comprehensive business processes and transactions to analyze productiveness of controls and risk alleviation.
- Review Internal Control systems within the company, suitable recommendations for Audit findings and drafting of Audit report.
Competence and Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Data mining and analytics
- Testing and Analysis Skills
- A keen interest in the financial system.
- Ability to work with deadlines and to work under pressure.
- Sound strategic thinking, with risk and control consciousness• Communication & Presentation, Good report writing skills
- Comprehensive, clear, and constructive audit and fraud reports
- Display awareness of the need for confidentiality in sensitive matters
- First degree or its equivalent in a numerate discipline (Accounting, Economics, Finance,
- etc), MBA or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting is an added advantage
- Professional accounting certification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CISA or other relevant higher business degree as an added advantage
- Minimum Seven (7) internal audit experience in a reputable organization, with at least three (3) years at managing the strategic direction of a business risk unit.
- Knowledge of internal audit methodologies, corporate governance procedures and accounting standards.
- Good knowledge and hands-on practical experience and use of accounting packages and systems.
- Systems Audit experience is a plus
Experience working in Fintech/Banking/Financial sector is an added advantage
External Audit Experience is as an added advantage
Salary: N3,000,000-N6,000,000 Per Annum