Requirements and Responsibilities
- The successful candidate shall assist the Internal Auditor in developing an overall audit strategy, the company’s risk assessment process and Internal Audit’s own assessment of risk. The Assistant Internal Auditor would be required to carry out work in the following areas:
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Report to Internal Auditor about asset utilization and audit results, and recommend changes in operations and financial activities.
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Confer with Internal Auditor about financial and regulatory matters.
- Inspect cash on hand, notes receivable and payable, negotiable securities, and canceled checks to confirm records are accurate.
- Examine inventory to verify journal and ledger entries.
- Direct activities of personnel engaged in the filing, recording, compiling and transmitting financial records.
- Conduct pre-implementation audits to determine if systems and programs under development will work as planned.
- Examine records, tax returns, and related documents.
- Work with Internal Auditor to audit payroll and personnel records to determine workers' compensation coverage, liabilities, and compliance with tax laws.
- And any other duties assigned
Demonstrable Skills and Technical Competence
- Interested applicants must be of high integrity. Possess good communication and interpersonal skills. Be able to deliver timely and quality audit reports.
- Applicants must have a good University degree in Accounting. A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in an Audit Firm.
- Proficiency in the use of Ms Office Suites, Quick Books and Tally Accounting packages.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should send their resume in M.S Word as attachment, not later than two (2) weeks from the date of this publication. Kindly tell your friends about this job opening.