Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
Sahel Consulting and its partners have created an online platform called Nourishingafrica.com that will be the 'Home for 1 Million Agri-Food Entrepreneurs Transforming Africa’s Agricultural Landscape'.
The mission of Nourishing Africa is to "attract, empower, equip, connect and celebrate over 1 Million dynamic and innovative young entrepreneurs who will drive the profitable and sustainable growth of the African agriculture and food landscapes". As such, this hub serves as a platform for these stakeholders to accelerate their work, connect with each other, and celebrate their successes on the continent. The portal includes information on funding, e-learning, data on the sector, African food and chefs, career opportunities, and other resources to develop one's career in the agri-food industry.
In this role, you will be required to fulfil the following primary responsibilities working as a member of the Nourishing Africa team:
- Prepare well-structured original content for the Nourishing Africa Hub
- Source, review, proofread and upload relevant content to the Hub
- Create questionnaires, polls and other feedback tools to apply to the Hub
- Curate and analyze feedback from entrepreneurs on the Hub and provide recommendations for improvement
- Assist the team in creating interactive strategies and campaigns to reach target audiences using the latest technologies and innovative practices
- Conduct industry-related research and interviews
- Assist the creative team with the design and promotion of content on social networks
- Assist in editorial coverage for all Nourishing Africa offline and online engagements
- Suggest new ways to promote Nourishing Africa offerings and to reach consumers
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- We are looking for candidates who are creative, self-motivated, committed to excellence, with a passion for the agriculture sector.
Below are key qualifications that we require:
- Bachelor’s degree in the Arts or Social Sciences, especially English Language, Journalism, Communications or related discipline
- Possess strong and effective verbal, written and analytical skills
- Knowledge of multimedia and design including infographics, videos and posters
- Strong research skills, including primary and secondary research
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills required
- Proficient in the use of image, audio and video editing tools
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Knowledge of entire Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Fluency in French is a plus, but not required
- Lagos, Nigeria