Reports To: Head of Interior Design
Location of Job: Ilupeju, Lagos
- To liaise with clients regarding orders, quotations and deliveries. Ensure quotations are sent to clients within 48 hours.
- To take site measurements when necessary
- To prepare interior design scheme and submit weekly progress/report to management that includes completion dates.
- To act as a liaison officer between customer services and technical department
- coding of materials, appliances, accessories and finishes
- To carry out site inspections to ensure client requirement is achieved.
- To ensure that all clients’ enquiries and queries are attended to promptly within 24 hours.
- To encourage clients to report complaints or anomalies in writing and maintain a diary / record to document action taken.
- To ensure that job orders are properly issued
- To liaise with accounts department to ensure that payments have been made in respect of confirmed orders
- To ensure clients management for competitive advantage
- Idea generation
- To perform any other duties assigned by duly authorized officer.
Core Working Relationships:
- Manages the complete design process and documentation package for interior design of all projects that commensurate with IO brand image of excellence in quality of design and aesthetic appeal gaining the trust and respect of both internal and external customers
- Prepare drawings, schemes and specifications within the time constraints, ensuring that the designs are brand compliant and on strategy for all areas of existing and new development for all IO projects and retail inclusive.
- Responsibly working with design team, owner, Project Managers, Architects and consultants to prepare successful presentations and prepare for a Design Review meeting to obtain Senior Management executive approval.
- Research and follow industry changes, evolutions and best practice
- Coordinate with other professionals, such as contractors, architects, engineers, project Manager to ensure job success.
- Inspect ongoing installation works on site to ensure its adherence to the design plans.
- Use computer-aided drafting (CAD) and related software to produce documents.
- Advise client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and use of furnishings or equipment, and color coordination.
- Confer with client to determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such as budget, architectural preferences, and purpose and function.
- Estimate material requirements and costs, and present design to client for approval.
- Design spaces to be environmentally friendly, using sustainable, recycled or off cut materials when feasible.
- Research and explore the use of new materials, technologies, and products to incorporate into designs.
- Select or design, and purchase furnishings and accessories.
Key Job Attributes:
Problem-solving and Innovative skills
The ability to Multitask
The ability to work with a team
Ability to work independently
Ability to be proactive and deliver results
Excellent interpersonal skills
Attention to details
Sales and Marketing
Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
Customer and Personal Service
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, 3D-Max,
Expertise in layout, color, lighting
video creation and editing software: Autodesk 3ds Max; MAXON CINEMA 4Dmaterials selection, and all installations
Proven working experience in decorating interior spaces (consultations, renovations, space planning and new constructions)
Creative talent, imagination and eye for design
Engineering and Technology
Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
Attention to Detail
The job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
The job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
The job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
The job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
The job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Education & Experience:
- A Degree in Interior Designs or Architecture.
- A Master Degree in Architecture is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience in the furniture industry
- Age: Below 40 years.
- Candidates must have pro-activity, integrity, quality, innovation and team spirit.
Salary range 150000 – 200000