- To liaise with clients regarding orders, quotations, and deliveries. Ensure quotations are sent to clients within 48 hours.
- To take site measurements when necessary
- To prepare interior design schemes and submit weekly progress/report to management that includes completion dates.
- To act as a liaison officer between customer services and technical department
- coding of materials, appliances, accessories, and finishes
- To carry out site inspections to ensure client requirement is achieved.
- To ensure that all clients’ inquiries and queries are attended to promptly within 24 hours.
- To encourage clients to report complaints or anomalies in writing and maintain a diary/record to document action taken.
- To ensure that job orders are properly issued
- To liaise with the accounts department to ensure that payments have been made in respect of confirmed orders
- To ensure clients management for competitive advantage
- idea generation
- To perform any other duties assigned by the duly authorized officer.
- Manages the complete design process and documentation package for interior design of all projects that commensurate with IO brand image of excellence in quality of design and aesthetic appeal gaining the trust and respect of both internal and external customers
- Prepare drawings, schemes and specifications within the time constraints, ensuring that the designs are brand compliant and on strategy for all areas of existing and new development for all IO projects and retail inclusive.
- Responsibly working with design team, owner, Project Managers, Architects and consultants to prepare successful presentations and prepare for a Design Review meeting to obtain Senior Management executive approval.
- Research and follow industry changes, evolutions and best practice
- Coordinate with other professionals, such as contractors, architects, engineers, project Manager to ensure job success.
- Inspect ongoing installation works on site to ensure its adherence to the design plans.
- Use computer-aided drafting (CAD) and related software to produce documents.
- Advise client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and use of furnishings or equipment, and color coordination.
- Confer with client to determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such as budget, architectural preferences, and purpose and function.
- Estimate material requirements and costs, and present design to client for approval.
- Design spaces to be environmentally friendly, using sustainable, recycled or off cut materials when feasible.
- Research and explore the use of new materials, technologies, and products to incorporate into designs.
- Select or design, and purchase furnishings and accessories.
Education & Experience:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, 3D-Max,
- Expertise in layout, color, lighting video creation and editing software: Autodesk 3ds Max; MAXON CINEMA 4Dmaterials selection, and all installations
- Proven working experience in decorating interior spaces (consultations, renovations, space planning and new constructions)
- Creative talent, imagination and eye for design
A Degree in Interior Designs or Architecture.
A Master Degree in Architecture is an added advantage
Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience in the furniture industry
Salary is 300,000 -400,000