A firm in the engineering sector seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
- Procurement: Purchase the proper instrumentation and equipment for the project by providing.
- procurement support by preparing Requisitions, Technical Bid Evaluations and reviewing.
- Vendor and contract documentation for compliance approval.
- Accuracy of the field data obtained: Lead site visit work package planning and preparation.
- Perform site visit activities such as facilitating client interface, on-site data analysis, supervision and site-work coordination.
- Safety of himself and everybody else in the office and on field: Observe personal safe working practices and understand the importance of HSE in design with an awareness of Occupational Health & Safety Procedures.
- Review of drawings, advice on scheduling, construction planning and weekly reporting regards engineering, project deliverables and his direct supervision personnel work.
Minimum of 5 years (comprising of minimum 5 years post qualification experience as an Instrumentation Engineer in the oil & gas industry with not less than 2 years offshore field experience inclusive).
Job Specific Knowledge:
- A clear understanding of the application of relevant design basis, procedures, country regulations, industry codes and standards.
- Experienced in Procurement support (Requisitions, Technical Bid Evaluations), Vendor Documentation review.
- Familiarity with originating, reviewing and checking documentation for technical accuracy, precision and consistency including Control Systems Architecture, ESD Logic, Hook-Up, Wiring Termination, Schematic Wiring, Loops, Cause & Effect, SAFE Charts, Equipment Layouts.
- Cable Schedules, Indexes, MTO, I/O Lists, Field Instrumentation Datasheets and Specifications, Control Philosophies and Control Systems Specifications.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of fundamentals of process instrument control and Control Systems (PLC, DCS, and SCADA).
- Strong knowledge on Filed Instrumentation and control/telecommunication selection and specification as well as hydraulic, pneumatic, electric, electronic control systems and communication modes.
- Strong knowledge on Safety, Fire and Gas detection, Public Addressing, Security and Telecommunications Systems.
- Excellent business and technical communication skills in English. Team oriented, leadership inclined towards group objectives. Authority / Freedom to Act / Decision Making (Including Budgetary Responsibility).
- Candidate must possess marine experience (Offshore)
- 7- 10 years of experience alongside a piping configuration technique
- AutoCAD Experience
- Supervise construction (Welding and fabrication of pipes)
- Bosiet offshore certificate required.
- Experienced with Flow measurement on Emerson meter