Tek Experts provides the services of a uniquely passionate and expert workforce that take intense pride in helping companies manage their business operations. We care about the work we do, the companies we partner with and the customers they serve.
- The Instructional Systems Designer is responsible for partnering with internal subject matter experts to develop content and materials for Tek Experts onboarding and advancement programs across a wide variety of topical areas. The successful candidate will design and develop learning initiatives and training materials for in-class, blended and online environments. He/she will be responsible for planning, developing, and implementing blended learning solutions.
- The individual will require a strong understanding of adult learning theory learner retention and application, and demonstrate graphic, layout, and instructional design skills to build eLearning modules that are engaging, fun, and memorable.
What we’re looking for
- Dynamic, passionate and proven people who want to make a positive difference with the people they work with and customers we support. You will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment where everyone is empowered and committed to delivering the best in industry customer experience.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a given, as is a ‘can do’ attitude and a thirst to learn and develop professional and soft skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gain a deep understanding of business goals, industry landscape, existing training, and target audiences
- Confer with SMEs, product managers, management and other stakeholders to determine training needs on an ongoing basis.
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and set benchmarks to measure correlation of training solutions to performance improvement
- Design, implement, and drive continuous improvement of end-to-end learning processes
- Apply expertise designing programs and curricula for global audiences working with virtual teams in a large matrix organization to ensure multi-language translation and cross-cultural adaptation
- Analyze target audience, job tasks, learner environment, and existing content to identify appropriate instructional strategies
- Develop performance measures: criterion-referenced achievement tests, questionnaires, interviews, and simulation scenarios
- Design and develop learning solutions utilizing modern learning (student-centered) methods to ensure learning initiatives are constructed to produce the desired changes in behavior, attitude, knowledge, and skills needed to make real business impact
- Create training program and instruction materials including course outlines, background materials, instructional materials, hand-outs and tests as well as design Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery and presentation skills through participation in outside meetings, seminars and training sessions.
- Utilize sound instructional design methodologies to create complex (e.g., guided discovery, case method, problem-based, game-based, competency-based approaches), high-quality and innovative (formal, informal, blended) instructional materials and learning solutions
- Select and use appropriate techniques to define and sequence instructional content
- Conduct media analysis to efficiently and effectively match instructional media to the content, the audience, and desired outcomes
- Collaborate with global teams and subject matter experts on course design, development, and delivery
- Create and maintain job/task analysis, training needs analysis, design documents, storyboards, video scripts, project plans, and other artifacts for various training projects
- Apply project management principles and tools to direct the instructional design process to deliver results on time, on budget, and within scope
- Develop and maintain training materials, documentation, manuals, job-aids, quick- reference guides, and other training aids
- Collect and analyze program data to in evaluate training courses and program effectiveness; identify problem areas and make recommendations for improvements
- Actively research evolving trends in the field of learning and recommend innovative training tools and technique to deliver cutting-edge design solutions
- Mentor training delivery staff and other assigned trainers in instructional design subject matter, content and course delivery techniques.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree from an accredited educational institution in a Business or Technical area of study;
- Three to five years of demonstrated experience in an instructional design or eLearning course development and graphic/layout design
- Two to five years of instructional design experience in the IT industry, and one or more years related technical or support experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Extensive experience in at least one of the following eLearning development tools: Articulate Studio; Articulate Storyline; Adobe Captivate; or Lectora
- Expertise in PowerPoint; intermediate proficiency in Excel; competency in MS-Office products (Outlook, Word, Lync) required
- Experience with audio/video editing and animation software, specifically Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Soundbooth Pro, Adobe After Effects, and Flash a plus
- Exceptional written, verbal, critical thinking, problem solving, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong project management experience, must be able to self-manage and prioritize projects with little supervision
- Business and ROI-minded, performance improvement driven
- CTT+ or similar instructional design certification is a plus.
- Adult learning (andragogy)
- Information Technology
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills across multiple organizational levels
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Data gathering and analysis
- Presentation skills
- Facilitation skills
- Team player
- Capable of managing own time and workload
- Flexible and proactive
- Customer orientated
- Excellent written and oral English language
- Proficient with learning and development systems - learning management systems, content management systems, and human resource management systems.