Your other role will be to support the transformation agenda through supporting the creation of autonomous SWBs based on good corporate governance structures. This means supporting the SWBs to adopt a corporate structure, including management and a professional board of directors that represent a diverse cross-section of stakeholders and possible shareholders (including consumer interests) with clearly defined roles and responsibilities. Facilitate the development of appropriate organizational structures and other HR related functions for the transformed SWB.
Facilitating the development and execution of incentives and performance-based contracts including defining performance monitoring and assessment approaches with clearly defined KPIs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least a master’s degree in institutional development, corporate governance, regulatory reforms, engineering, development studies or any such related fields.
- A minimum of master’s degree and 6 years of experience or Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of experience post qualification experience in any of the above areas
- Expertise in performance and utility performance improvement and specific expertise in areas including HR management, strategic planning, training and capacity building, financial management, and/or customer satisfaction and engagement
- Experience in designing and undertaking institutional restructuring will be an added advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of WASH policy development, regulatory reform and social accountability