Saroafrica International is a company with linked interest in FMCG and Agric Value Chain spanning Downstream to Upstream. The Supply chain activities is a continuous circle from Inbound, Outbound to Export. Following her businesses restructuring and repositioning, the company is further expanding her activities across all the Commercial Cities and major Agroecology zones of Nigeria.
- Innovation is a key pillar of the SARO Transformation Initiatives with a target of new products over the next years. To deliver the Performance Ambition, this role will lead the brilliant commercial execution of all new product launches, driving visibility of the performance of new innovation launches and ensuring Executional discipline and Profitability.
New Product Commercialization Planning & Execution Discipline
- Project lead for Commercialization of all project within SLC. Take ownership of new product launches from concept development to commercial launch using innovative tools such as volume forecast tool, P&L, etc.
- The geographic variability and nuances of execution are key in Nigeria and this role will need to understand these and ensure commercial innovation plans reflect and respond to these dynamics supporting the winning execution in every market.
- Provide commercial expertise and rigor in the planning of volume, distribution build and ROS modeling on targeted innovation projects through the gate development process to ensure projects deliver on the top line and bottom line objectives.
- Work with innovation category project officers/sales teams to report on and visibly drive performance management routines of innovation.
- Ensure clarity of project delivery timelines, roles, and responsibilities & drive team commitment towards meeting them.
- Take ownership and monitor in-field innovation implementation and regional execution using live examples to recognize and celebrate great commercial innovation execution where we see it and call out the poor execution with remedial action where we fall short.
- Develop Trade and Shopper execution standards and deliverables on innovation projects. Use trade insight to develop tailored propositions that create value for trade, shopper & SARO.
- Drive rigorous planning within innovation projects to improve our pace and agility behind targeted innovation/brand change projects.
- Ensure the business case is commercially viable to deliver business profit expectation.
BTL & ATL Agency management
- Develop and brief agencies on planned implementations and expectations.
- Work with agencies to identify commercial growth drivers that would serve as building execution blocks that drive business growth.
- Work with agencies to design all POSM and ensure timely delivery to specification.
- Seek for opportunities where we could leverage technology to drive new frontiers for breakthrough commercialization performances.
- Work with all stakeholders both internal and external
- Send periodic commercialization update for visibility of execution progress.
- Develop all innovations commercial launch plans for Gatekeepers alignment and approval.
- Demonstrate project and team management skills to enable project team delivers on expectations timely.
Measurement & Evaluation
- Track, monitor & report all field executions. Develop a robust measurement and evaluation calendar for new product launches to entrench a culture of learning and continuous improvement for future projects.
Regulatory, Risk & Control
- Ensure consistent compliance with business processes and promptly escalate any breach or potential breach.
- Work with Associates to secure all regulatory approvals as deemed necessary for each project, such as NAFDAC registration of label and approval of the product for commercialization, APCON certificate for advertising, SON & MANCAP numbers for quality & manufacturing excellence.
- Be proactive in managing any risk associated with the commercialization of all projects.
- Ability to work independently and deliver.
- Skillful reporting to executives and upper-management including delivery of audit results and deficiencies.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, analytical, dynamic, and structured with the ability to think outside the box.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to convey information in simple terms.
- High personal responsibility, accountability, and integrity required.
- Resourcefulness, curiosity, and solutions-oriented mindset desirable.
Qualification / Experience
- Minimum of a Second-Class Upper in University degree in any one of the social sciences and another related discipline.
- An MBA or equivalent postgraduate management degree will be an advantage.
- Relevant experience in trade marketing.
- Field Sales & Marketing experience is an added advantage.
- Experience with an FMCG company is preferred.
- AGE:26- 32