The technical professional performs the following tasks:
- Support to the Infrastructure Coordinators in maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures
- Support to the Infrastructure Coordinators in ensuring all necessary plans, specs, permissions, and contracts are in place prior to commencement of construction
- Support to the Infrastructure Coordinators in communication with field teams and other project components.
- Processing procurement procedures of equipment and furniture at Abuja level.
- Quality control and follow up of procurement measures.
- Preparation and participation at official contractual steps of infrastructure measure implementation (site handing over; taking over and official handing over).
- Participation in regular meetings with stakeholders and other units.
- Support to field offices in measure identification and site assessments.
- Support to the supervision of engineering and construction contractors and conduction of spot checks on-site to
assure quality control.
- Contribution to regular reporting of the infrastructure component
- Review of technical design documents.
- Performance of additional duties and tasks at the request of Head of the Infrastructure Component which lay in the framework of the expert’s professional qualification.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or Architecture
- At least 2 years’ general work experience in the field of construction and/or drilling.
- Experience working with GIZ or other international organizations or INGOs.
- Experience in evaluating and supervising construction works (building, civil and/or drilling).
- Experience in tender and procurement management; establishing of Terms of reference and/or Bill of Quantities.
- Experience in design and realization of solar-powered boreholes.
- Experience in the assessment of existing buildings for rehabilitation needs.
- A good team player who is willing to take on the responsibility
- Ability to work independently and with a strong proactive approach to work
- Highest level of loyalty and trustworthiness
- Good communication skills
- Ability to deliver good quality under high time pressure
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of engineering-related software (e.g. CAD, GIS)
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and Outlook.
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English