S/he should be a leader in their field and a forward-thinking individual who will constantly look for new initiatives to improve the Ultima’s experience. Our perfect candidate will positively impact both our internal and external customers by overseeing and managing all IT & VAS projects, encourages innovation and collaboration with various departments to present recommendations which will align with the strategic initiatives set forth by the CEO.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS EDUCATION
- Applicant must have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a Technology related field.
- Applicant must have relevant professional certifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the availability of all technology related systems and services, including but not limited to well known: servers, user desktops/laptops, mobile devices, telephony systems, security systems, customer-facing websites and web applications.
- Monitoring cybersecurity protocols to ensure a secure platform for all users.
- Preparing and maintaining technical specifications, procedures and related documentation to ensure business continuity and account for disaster recovery.
- Keeping the IT department current with emerging trends in technology.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with vendors providing products and services related to IT related needs.
- Leading and coaching a team to ensure the implementation of projects to a successful outcome.
- Analysing the needs of the organisation to meet business objectives more efficiently and effectively through existing or innovative information systems.
- Conceptualise, design and monitor procedures to manage all VAS platform; preparation/ analysis of Logs (Short codes, SMS, Downloads, etc).
- Develop mobile and web applications.
- Exploit new technologies and keep abreast of all new developments in the field of networking and communication.
- Develop documentation process and procedures for managing VAS network and provide the necessary information required for implementation.
- Planning/ implementation of systems and network checklists
- Develop a security plan to ensure safety of data and access to the platform
- Deploy new products and services.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar position.
- Very strong technical background with a flair for technology management.
- Familiar with IT equipment.
- Familiar with VAS equipment and platform.
- Stakeholder- relationship management skills.
- Planning, analytical and project management skills.
- Thorough understanding of Windows and MacOS environments.
- Prior experience with or management as many of the following technologies as possible – Windows, Linux OS, Java.
- Domain name, service configuration and management; antivirus management and firewall configuration.
- Network Optimisation.
- Programming skills.
- Microsoft Application Suites.
- Hardware: Administration and setup of servers and PC systems with the following peripherals: mouse, monitors, multimedia systems, memory and network cards.
- Good communication skills and strong customer – centric focus.
- A competitive base salary.
- Top-notch benefits which includes medical and pension.
- Holiday allowance