- Analyze existing security systems and make recommendations for changes or improvements.
- Ensure that technology infrastructure is well-protected.
- Analyze IT specifications to assess security risks.
- Design and implement safety measures and data recovery plans.
- Install, configure and upgrade security software (e.g. antivirus programs).
- Secure networks through firewalls, password protection and other systems
- Inspect hardware for vulnerable points of access.
- Monitor network activity to identify issues early and communicate them to IT teams.
- Analyze existing data privacy and information security policies.
- Develop Data Privacy Policies.
- Act on privacy breaches and malware threats.
- Serve as a security expert and conduct trainings when needed.
- Conduct Information and Cyber Security, Vulnerability /Penetration testing.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and control to find weaknesses and analyze existing controls effectiveness and suggest remedial action.
- Report residual risk, security exposures, vulnerabilities, noncompliance and maltreatment of information assets to IT security management.
- Involve in reviews of projects, incident debriefs and analysis findings to identify problems and gaps.
- Participate actively in development of security policies, principles, architecture and standards.
- Prepare reports and action plans in the event that a security breach occur.
- Organize and conduct tests and “ethical hacks” of existing security architecture.
- Monitor the network and provide early warning of abnormalities or problems.
- Recommend Upgrade to systems to remain competitive in the field of security.
- Keep technical knowledge current through continuing education.
- Provide system updates and write code fixes.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related field or work experience.
- At least five years of experience of relevant experience.
- Relevant certifications in information systems security.
- Advanced certifications such as Certified Blockchain Professional (IIBC|BP), ISO27001LA/LI, ISO20000LA/LI, ISO22301LA/LI will be added advantage.
- Proven experience as an Information Security Specialist.
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, FPC), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions.
- Practical Hands-on Experience in Information and Cyber Security, Vulnerability /Penetration testing process and tools.
- Familiarity with the DOD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management program.
- Knowledge of current security risks and protocols.
- Programming skills are preferred (e.g. knowledge of C++, PHP languages)
- Familiarity with security frameworks (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity framework) and risk management methodologies.
- Knowledge of patch management, firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention systems (e.g. TippingPoint).
- Familiarity with public key infrastructure (PKI) and cryptographic protocols (e.g. SSL/ TLS).
- An analytical mind with excellent problem-solving ability.
- Outstanding communication and organization skills.
- Ability to Manage Project and Teams as well as ability to take independent initiative when needed.
- Decision-making skills.
- Develop and manage project level documents and plans.
- Support developing business cases to set, improve and modify business groups, technologies and functions.
- Ability to work under close supervision, as well as the ability to take independent initiative when needed.
- A problem-solver and quick decision-maker.
Proposed Salary: 3,600,000 p.a.
Job Location: Abuja & Lagos