Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Task and Responsibilities
- Supervise equipment repair and installation by supplier and liaise with ICT suppliers (computer, phone, HF/VHF).
- In collaboration with the ICT Manager ensure that all network resources (server, network drives, switches, routers, printers) are installed in safe and well ventilated locations.
- Ensure all Data backups at the base are transmitted to the capital for central archiving.
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria mission has well maintained, up-to-standard IT, HF/VHF radio, satellite, internet, mobile phone and GPS equipment.
- Shall resolve all ICT related problems with the ODK phones, cash transfer devices and traders’ devices are attended to within the shortest possible time.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of the ICT hardware, software, networks and peripheries.
- Update equipment tracker with new ICT equipment and every time there is a change in user.
- Maintain a laptop maintenance log and ensure all staff have well-functioning ICT equipment.
- Maintain mobile phone account list and liaise with the Finance team regarding opening and closing phone accounts.
- Manage subscriptions and liaise with ISP, documentations, authorizations from government.
- Ensure compliance with Action Against Hunger ICT policy communication procedures.
- Explain the maintenance tasks to be carried out regularly (clean-up, defragmentation, etc.).
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Engineering with at least 2 years working experience in the IT sector, or IT support in the humanitarian/developmental sector.
- Professional certification such as MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CISCO etc is an asset.
- Top notch verbal and written communication skills.
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to maintain confidentiality and able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
- Fluent in English and Hausa.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently.
- Capacity to analyze, synthesis and report of large amounts of information.
- Previous experience working for NGOs, particularly international and/or health related NGOs is an asset.
- This advert may close before the due date once we receive applications from qualified candidates
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.