- Oversee the development of customized software and hardware requirement.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Design and develop user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout the development life cycle; determining design methodologies and toolsets; and conducting tests.
- Plan and implement systems for business process automation.
- Formulate and design the security system in place to maintain data safety.
- Establish, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improvement of further leveraging these systems.
- Collaborate with technology team members, end-users, and other stakeholders to integrate systems and other data together.
- Determine required network components to ensure data access, as well as data consistency and integrity.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, and end-users.
- Perform and test system backups and restores to ensure system recovery from error or outage.
- Network and Systems Administration
- General ICT Support
Reports to Head, IT
Standard Working Hours: 8am to 5 pm on weekdays. When the need arises, one may be required to work outside normal working hours and on weekends.
Qualification & Experience Required:
- First degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related discipline from a reputable University.
- Certifications in CGEIT, CISA or CISM or similar standards will be a significant advantage
- Certifications in either Microsoft, Cisco or Oracle products
- Knowledge of Web Development Frameworks. Familiarity with ColdFusion, HTML, C#, ASP.Net, Python or other languages will be a significant advantage
- Experience in Integrated environments working with APIs
- At least 6 years of cognate experience in ICT Support and Management
- Proven Project Management experience
- Candidate should not be older than 35 years
Skills & Key Competencies Required
Infrastructural knowledge in:
- Microsoft Azure
- Active Directory
- Data Center Services
- Storage Services
- Office 365
- Virtualization Services (VMware and Hyper V
- Middleware/Database (WebSphere, SQL, Oracle)
In addition, must possess:
- Ability to work with and lead a team effectively
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Effective communication skills
- A working knowledge of Symplus Suite of Solutions will be an added advantage.
- The candidate must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.