The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Process contract renewal request and prepare contract renewal letters for all NRS;
- Maintain up-to-date records of NRS Management staff and HR-NRS staff files;
- Collate and prepare HR monthly report;
- Prepare visa support letters to staff;
- Take minutes and ensure circulation of HR weekly and monthly meetings;
- Proofread documents, proposals, policies, etc., as maybe required;
- Preparation of HRM-NRS office documentation;
- Perform customer service functions for HRM-NRS office;
- Support all HR led staff events, seminars, teambuilding and awareness campaigns as may be required;
- Work in task teams across HR to achieve HR strategic goals;
- Work with HR sectional supervisors in any assigned task;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- BSc/HND in Social Sciences, Humanities or related field with minimum of three (3) years' experience in multicultural and multidisciplinary environment. Associate membership of CIPMN is required.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills;
- Be proficient in the use of computers and ability to handle confidential issues.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.