- Provide strategic leadership for the HR function for over 50 staff across Nigeria.
- Ensure efficient and high-quality staff recruitment, contracts management, orientation, learning and development, performance management, compensation and benefits, policy and labor law compliance, employee engagement and staff care.
- Devise and deliver a planned HR approach to attracting, developing, inspiring and retaining the right people, with the right skills to achieve high-quality programmatic outcomes.
- Ensure the AOC is implementing the policies and procedures set up by the Group.
- Ensure all employees contracts are up to date.
- Prepare and coordinate the interviewing process.
- Data Management - Regular check & ensuring HR data correct & up to date in E5C system (ACE internal Software), on the drive and files.
- Coordinate any interns - travel, evaluations, queries, and check on them from time to time to ensure all going well.
- Keep all records of ACE policies on legal activities and ensure full compliance with those policies.
- Assembly and storage in useful forms, laws, business regulations and code of country of operations.
- Protect and manage ACE Country office in all aspects with regards to the laws of the country of operations, preparation of internal legal documents, and co-ordination of all legal assignments on behalf of ACE.
- Prepare and vet all legal agreements prepared and AOC level to ensure maximum protection to ACE Group.
- Be abreast and advise the Group HR, Country and Legal Manager on issues pertaining to employees’ legal matters including external recruitment, contracts, end of service entitlement, labour laws and regulations.
- Follow up all events that require police intervention and law matters and report. Obtain details of any unusual event and report to relevant department and Country Manager.
- Participate fully in Credit Support Approval meetings at AOC level to provide your legal opinions on the transaction under discussion.
- To fill Commodity Profile Legal form in the approved format and submit to Credit Support Approval as required.
Skills & Requirements
- Graduate in Business & Law
- Minimum 2 years Human Resources and Legal experience preferably in the Oil & Gas or trading industry.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Strong analytical, communication and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking and organizational skills a must.
- Ability to take initiative and follow through on tasks with minimal supervision.
- Very good command & working knowledge in English.