Reports To: General Manager
As Human Resources Admin Officer you will work under the general guidance of the Hotel Manager to align HR initiatives with the goals of the hotel and be responsible for supporting the management team on their day to day operation.
He/she executes the hotel’s Talent Development strategy by planning Company
and hotel training programs and the recruiting of non-management roles in the hotel.
Also Coordinating the administrative support in accordance with the Hotel’s
standard and procedures and to ensure that staffing needs are met in a timely manner, from placing ads to interviewing and hiring to the entire employment life circle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend management and any other meetings on behalf of the HR.
- Assist with the organization of the staff social events and activities.
- Manage absenteeism and lateness data.
- Coordinate HR Dashboard / Statistics.
- Update salary and benefits information, monthly payroll adjustment to be submitted to the accounts team.
- Develop job descriptions, recruitment and selection, preparing personal
- files and other onboarding tasks for effective settling in and productivity.
- Developing policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence
- Help employees identify specific behaviours that will contribute to service
- Responsible for the on the job orientation for new hires.
- Assist with Internship or training program and ensuring that all
- Interns are receiving the necessary support and guidance during their
- industrial exposure training.
- Manage HR administration such as starters and leavers process.
- Ensure up to date and accurate information is fed into the Human
- Resources Software.
- Assist with employee relation issues in the hotel in a confidential
- manner, including discipline, grievance and capability.
- Ensure the recruitment and selection process is adhered to and that all
- the relevant immigration checks are carried out correctly.
- Manage HR administration such as contracts, letters and personnel files.
- Full usage of HR System including running of Payroll, Change of
- Status Requests and other amendments as required.
- Maintenance of HR email account and ensures prompt response.
- Analyze staff turnover and sick leave with the aim of implementing strategies for reduction.
- Assist in budget preparation where required and is fully aware of all
- budgeted positions and hiring approvals.
- Establish and maintain a group of contacts with Hospitality Colleges
- to set up a system for entry-level employment.
- Full coordination of employment residence visa, renewals, visa
- medicals and termination of employment.
- Ensure compliance with all HR legislation and keep up to date with
- changes to local authorities.
- Provide staff counseling, guidance, career planning, and oversee
- disciplinary matters up to and including dismissal and oversee any
- grievance complaints made as required.
- Supporting the hotel with departmental training requirements
- including inductions, work experience, career fairs, and training materials.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times and provide information only to those with a need to know.
- To know and follow the Health & Safety at Work regulations and comply with the hotel’s Health & Safety policy.
- Draw up annual training and development plan and coordinate training across departments, monitor and evaluate success.
- Coordinate probationary and annual performance appraisal across all departments.
- Perform all other administrative roles and / or as directed by the
- General Manager.
Confidence in working independently and part of a team.
Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
Effective written and oral communications skills including the ability to prepare reports, proposals, policies and procedure.
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, social sciences or related field.
At least 0 - 2 years of experience in same position in a luxury brand hotel in the hospitality industry.