- The HR/Admin manages the Freedom Foundation’s center-office operations and be responsible for all day to day operations of all HR personnel administrative matters as per the Foundation’s policies and procedures. S/He will support the programs in managing their facilities. S/he will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the delivery of administrative services of the organization.
- Develop HR manual (policies and procedures governing HR)
- Conduct periodic review of HR policies and procedures, as well as employee manual.
- Based on annual strategy and review organization design, identify staffing/skill gaps
- Recommend new hires to Executive Director as well as recruitment approach
- Based on approved new hire list and recruitment approach source for talent
- Administer interview process until a final selection is made
- Provide offers to finalist(s) and secure acceptance
- Conduct necessary background checks
- Onboard new recruits ensuring their paper work is complete and they receive all their work tools.
- Plan and conduct employee orientation
- Conduct reference checks and oversee confirmation of staff
- Plan and implement performance management process
- Ensure staff compliance with all relevant policies and procedures
- Process all queries, disciplinary matters, issues and disputes concerning relations in the organization.
- Conduct periodic skills audit
- Plan staff training
- Ensure all staff complete required training as planned
Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Ensure on-time review of attendance in order to feed information to finance for payroll
- Provide timely reminders to finance for payroll and benefits administration
- Administer staff leave
- Advocate for staff welfare
- Stay abreast of all labour policies and legislation
- Plan and chair staff meetings
- Monitor special events (birthdays, weddings, babies, funerals etc)
- Assist with completion of necessary reports as requested
- Establish documents management system, ensuring accurate and appropriate record-keeping and reporting for all Foundation matters.
- Liaise with building facility manager and operations officer to ensure a clean office environment and adequate and appropriate use of all spaces in th Foundation office.
- Manage all contract, registrations and other legal and regulatory matters in collaboration with FF accounts and legal departments at HOF
- Ensure circulation of relevant policies, events and notifications internally
- Propose necessary and relevant policies, procedures and processes to guide all activities within the scope of Admin, HR and Facilities Management, for HQ and Programs
- Work closely with HOF shared services in meeting the Admin, Operations and Facilities Management needs of the Foundation and its programs
- Stay abreast of all HOD global policies as it pertains to administrative, procurement, HR, operations, facility management and any other relevant unit.
- Understand the strategic objectives of Freedom Foundation and propose strategies for optimum operations service delivery and ongoing maintenance.
- In collaboration with the operations officer, assess and evaluate current conditions of all the Foundation and its program’s facilities with a view to planning improvement initiatives
- Oversee donor management and reporting.