- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Coordinate staff welfare activities including periodic team building events
- Responsible for confidential management of employee and personnel records
- Maintain staff timesheets and leave records
- Manage contract end dates and ensure staff appraisal is completed for contract renewal
- Prepare and manage consultants agreements
- Responsible for employee guidance and counselling as and when required
- Provide useful and accurate staff data for the job evaluation process and reward models
- Manage the disciplinary processes in concert with the relevant manager and in accordance with the set guidelines
- Manage the Human Resources Information System to ensure accurate and timely availability of information and management reports
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to improve operations and function of the department.
- Monitors the material supplies for all departments and offices.
- Initiates and coordinates goals, deadlines, and projects for departments.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to improve operations and function of departments.
- Ensures a safe, secure, and well-maintained facility that meets environmental, health, and security standards.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Postgraduate degree or it's equivalent in Business Administration with specialization in Human Resources Management.
- At least 5 to 9years’ experience in Human Resources and Administrative Management in the manufacturing sector.
- Proven working experience as HR and Admin Manager or other HR executive
- People-oriented and results-driven
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- In-depth knowledge of labour law and HR practices.
- A Masters in Business Administration or it's equivalent with HR Specialization, from a recognized University or Educational Institution.
- Five (5) to Nine (9) years of experience as an HR Manager in a manufacturing setting.
Location: Amuwo-Odofin, Lagos