Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Principal Accountabilities:
- Ensure all Echo-Scan locations and service partners comply with relevant Occupational Health and Safety Legislation on an on-going basis; enforcing Company compliance with laws on environmental
- audits specific to laws of the states in which Echo-scan operates.
- Coordinate and ensure the conduct of the annual HSE Evaluation exercise across all Echo-Scan branches
- Conduct timely and thorough Incident Investigations; investigating every incident, accident and nearmiss as recorded in the Incidence Logs in every branch of the Organization
- Coordinate, develop, and present relevant HSE training for Echo-Scan employees
- Chair the Company’s Safety Committee; hold quarterly evaluation meetings for every Branch.
- Coordinate the activities of the safety committees of all Company branches in order to identify & classify HSE risks and develop appropriate plans to eliminate or mitigate where appropriate
- Develop a standard approach for Safety Committees in each Echo-Scan branch to manage relationships and compliance with the relevant agencies/regulatory bodies such as NNRA, AEPB, NESREA
- Act as company liaison to HSE external auditors, consultants, regulatory and relevant professional bodies.
- With input from Human Resources and Facility Management Departments, provide Quarterly Activity
- Reports to Executive Management and various stakeholders; detailing project/programme milestones,
- incident reports & analysis and recommendations for necessary improvements on compliance issues
- derived from incidence reports, independent observation and periodic information from external
- Conduct timely reviews of the Organization’s HSE Policies; regularly updating same to provide
- continuous and consistent safe work systems.
- Maintain and regularly update individual & organizational knowledge on applicable new rules and changes in government legislation, regulations, standards and policies.
- Facility Specific Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Conduct of facility or site walk-downs and other inspection activities to monitor compliance with EchoScan’s Safety Practices such as proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), etc.
- Development of effective waste management systems, project/location-specific Safety Management plans etc. as applicable to each Echo-Scan location.
- Oversee the proper maintenance of Company’s waste storage area(s) to ensure regulatory compliance e.g. labelling, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc.
- Collate and maintain relevant HSE logs & reports relating to all aspects of Echo-Scan Services’ Safety
- Accept assignments within the Facility Management Department; performing specific duties as may be required.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
Post Graduate Studies
Bachelor Degree in relevant discipline from a recognised institution.
Professional qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management Systems
e.g. Systems HSE 2, 3 and Advanced is compulsory for this role
Membership of professional body such as ISPON, NEBOSH(UK) or
IOSH (U.S) will be an added advantage
A minimum of 3 years’ practical experience implementing and managing the Health,
Safety and Environment work program in a multi-functional operation
Broad knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety & Environment
guidelines, core processes and functions to produce comprehensive
reports and develop relevant policies.
Experience in carrying out safety audits, conducting inspections, risk
assessment and incident investigations.
Working knowledge of risk & hazard recognition methodologies,
Risk evaluations and control and incident investigation techniques.
Expected Skills and Competencies
Computer Skills (MS Office &
Communication Skills –
oral & written
Planning & Organization
Personal Attributes & Physical Demands
- Must be an effective communicator and negotiator; able to effectively communicate with all level of personnel and regulators (external) in order to reinforce HSE concepts and policies in a manner that promotes learning and compliance.
- Excellent written communication skills for writing reports, training materials & proposals; writing must be concise and exact.
- Must be familiar with and able to apply principles of Change and Project Management
- Able to multi-task; capable of handling several issues at the same time to deliver results and meet desired deadlines
- Must be willing to travel regularly (to other Echo-Scan locations)