BCL Construction & Civil Engineering seeks to fill the above position with suitable and qualified persons.
- To reduce the degree and the number of accidents and/ or incidents on deployed sites through but not limited to activities such as: daily site talks, strict monitoring of casual workers and other company staff in compliance with the safety policy/manual.
- To participate and assist the supervisors, foreman and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause and where necessary, corrective actions.
- To monitor and follow up on modified workers on the field.
- To ensure corrective actions are followed up on and completed.
- To support the development of OHS policies and programs via feedback on safety process improvement imperatives.
- To advise and instruct on various safety related topics (such as but not limited to noise levels, use of machinery).
- To conduct risk assessment and enforce preventive measures.
- To inspect premises and assess the work done in order to identify issues or non-conformity (such as but not limited to failure to use protective equipment) and failure to follow the work statement.
- To halt any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy to the person(s) concerned and/ or our business and processes.
- To provide accurate and timely daily report to the HSE Manager.
- 6 years (or more) of experience in Health, Safety and Environment
- 4 years (or more) in construction/civil engineering industry with Senior HSE role.
Educational and Professional Qualification
- Degree in management or technical related field.
- ISPON Membership (Levels 1-3 as a minimum).
- Nebosh (IGC or Diploma)
- First-Aid training
- Other HSE training and certificates.
Skills and competencies
- In-depth understanding of Health and Safety procedures and relevant labor standards.
- Ability to influence decisions, persuade, solve problems and make a meaningful impact.
- Ability to administer first-aid and respond accordingly in case of emergency.
- Computer literacy, numerate, attention to detail, and ability to write reports.
- Commercially astute and Customer Service orientated.
- Excellent planning, organizing and leadership skills.
- Teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership, people and time management skill.
- Expected start date: As soon as possible
- only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.