The International Rescue Committee (IRC), one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies, provides relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of natural disaster, oppression and violent conflict in 42 countries. The IRC is committed to bold leadership, innovation and creative partnerships. Active in child protection, public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
HR Administration/ Information Management:
- Maintain the HR Data Base of Mubi Office and regularly update employee information. Maintain an accurate and timely employee filing system.
- Maintain and update the Timesheet tracking system for both national and international staff and file all timesheets appropriately.
- Liaise with the Senior HR/Admin Manager and Talent Acquisition team to ensure new staff are oriented upon hire in the Mubi IRC office.
- Liaise with the Talent Acquisition team for the hiring of casuals and incentive workers.
Training & Development:
- With support from the Senior HR/Admin Manager, coordinate Staff Trainings in accordance with the Learning and Development Plan;
- Monitor and track all IRC sponsored trainings, ensuring all stall fill out training bonds, feedback reports and all related training documents in total compliance with IRC's policies and procedures.
- Support staff learning by creating innovative ways of encouraging online learning for all staff
- Coordinate training courses for employees as required.
- Coordinate timely performance appraisals and maintain an updated PME database for all staff in coordination with the respective sector Managers in the Field
- Coordinate staff welfare management initiatives in the Mubi office with support from the HR Manager.
- Involve in the processing of termination paperwork for all staff including preparation of termination notice letters in relation to closing grants and restructuring.
- Work closely with Supervisors to ensure exit interviews are offered to all staff and data is captured in the online exit survey to ensure a learning and reflective culture in the country program.
Other Human Resource Functions:
- Read, review and become knowledgeable of the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures
- Perform other related duties as required by the HR Manager and the Base Manager
- University Studies/ Higher Education in Human Resources, Business Administration or any other related course;
- 2 years of experience in similar position;
- Previous NGO experience will be an added advantage
- HR Certification will be desirable
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to present information effectively; experience providing training and staff development a plus
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams
- Commitment to consistently improving and developing innovative HR solutions in response to HR/organizational Country Program challenges.
- The position will be based in Mubi, Adamawa state, Northeast Nigeria. The security situation is volatile.
Standards for Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.
- In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Monthly salary, 13Month salary inclusive, health insurance coverage for family, pension, crèche facilities available for women with babies under 24 Months
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.