Aggreko has a dedicated team and fleet servicing the Africa region. Aggreko employs almost 700 people in Africa and has approximately 2,300 MW of capacity on-hire. We work with passion, dedication and teamwork, building new opportunities through a relentless commitment to superb customer service and first-rate product quality and reliability.
Job Accountabilities/Key Responsibilities
- Implement local human resource and development strategy, policy and practice in order to attract, retain and develop key resources for the business.
- Implement uniform HR policies throughout the region and update them with the changing business and legislative environment.
- Fully conversant with Industrial laws and regulations with complete clarity on Nigeria and Ghana Labour laws.
- To conduct robust disciplinary sessions with local and expat workforce in the power plants.
- To fully support and oversee the expat work permits application/renewal.
- Support the full spectrum of functions and HR issues that directly impact staff or business performance such as on-boarding arrangements, staff training, learning & development, staff communications, etc.
- Provide support to line managers on HR issues that arise in the day- to- day business operation.
- Co-ordinate and integrate any other global/regional HR initiatives/programs in the region.
- Work with line leaders, local agencies and Corporate/Area HR leader to ensure all local regulation and norms are adhered to and implemented.
- Work closely with HRM and employees to create the right Aggreko culture in the region.
- Displays a commitment to Orange Excellence initiatives
- Aggreko places a strong emphasis on health, operational safety and environmental protection. It is a requirement and moral obligation of each employee to be actively committed and accountable for compliance to the Aggreko Health, Safety & Environmental policies, operating procedures and compliance to local legislation.
Person Specification/Job Requirements
- Degree in Human Resource Management or related discipline coupled with a diploma in Human resources management from reputed institute, with at least 3 years of progressively responsible related experience in human resource, in an MNC and/or manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of local employment legislation and HR practices.
- Tactical human resource principles and best practices within international organizations.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to build strong
- Working relationships with management and employees.
- Strong analytical, sound planning and organizing skills.
- Good team player who is energetic, results-oriented and customer-focused.
- Proactive and ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to identify root causes of problems and propose solutions
- Computer-literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Problem Solving and analysing skills
- Planning & Organising skills
- Attention to detail
- Drive for results – a deep-seated inner desire to compete against standards of excellence and achieve “step changes” in business results.
- Task Completion – reliable, committed to completing tasks.
- Resilience – persistent, positive and self reliant.
- Accountability – drives outcomes by taking personal responsibility.
- Customer Focus – understands the importance of customer needs, whether internal or external, focuses on responding to them and develops relationships.
- Working together with others – relates to people, engages and builds relationships.
Key Role Interactions:
- HRM, Recruitment Specialist.