Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA') is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
- HR Officer ensures NCA HR procedures and Nigerian Labor Code are respected across NCA’s operations.
- S/he serves as key personnel to support the organization in achieving its goal and mission in their response to the humanity needs in Nigeria through support to recruitment, administration of HR issues, capacity building of national staff, etc.
- S/he is based in Maiduguri, Borno State with travels to the field locations and to the Benue and Cross River States.
- Ensure all staff leave records are monitored and kept up-to-date, including records for annual leave, sick leave, and time off at work.
- In cooperation with the finance team, be responsible for operation of payroll for all national staff and ensure compliance with the Nigerian tax legislation and Social Security and pension related.
- Ensure that recruitment procedures are understood and observed.
- Ensure all national staff personal information concerning employees is kept according to Nigerian data protection law.
- Ensure that all expat staff have the necessary visas, permissions, and work permits to reside and work in Nigeria and that these remain valid and up-to-date, including renewals
- Ensure that all staff are aware of their contractual obligations with respect to NCA policies and Code of Conduct.
- Facilitate the on boarding of national staff
- Ensure guest houses/hotels are booked for staff in approved NCA listed suppliers
- Participate in the recruitment process of national staff as required by senior management.
- Legal and Statutory Compliance:
- Follow-up with NCA legal representative on all regulations and compliance as designated
- Stay up to date with all regulations and national laws in Nigeria
Health and Safety:
- Take responsibility for Health & Safety issues and – in conjunction with security focal point and adhere to NCA guidelines.
- When requested by the country director, negotiate and manage local insurance policies for staff medical insurance, vehicle insurance.
- Ensure that all staff remain aware of current health and safety issues and procedures Capacity Building
- Provide capacity building trainings, and follow-up capacity building plans of the national staff
- Ensure staff have right knowledge on NCA as an organisation and stay focused to its mission.
- Supervising and providing line and team management for all office casual staff, volunteers, security guards, etc
- General Office Administration
- Manage key relationships with service providers for insurance and pension
- Manage the casual workers, such as security guards, cleaners, and any other support staff
- Carry out all administration functions as assigned by supervisor.
- Please note that any other responsibilities can be assigned to you as required.
- Required knowledge, skills, experience, and qualification
- At least 4 years of proven experience in HR and administrative functions
- At least Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Human resources, Administration, Public Administration and other relevant qualifications
- Good knowledge of relevant Nigerian legislation governing International NGOs
- Fluency in English, additional fluency in other local languages an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff within the Trust and key stakeholders externally.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation, including relevant staff working for the NCA.
- Previous experience managing a team and payroll system.
- Competent to advanced level in Microsoft Excel.
- Willingness and ability to take the initiative not only in identifying problems but also in suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Willingness to travel and stay in remote area
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.