The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking a suitable and qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below, this position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Human Resources & Planning
Summary of Position:
- The position is responsible for updating and maintaining the integrity of employee records in the Human Resources Database.
- The position shall ensure that accurate employee records detailing any notices of commendation, warning or discipline; performance evaluations and reviews; changes in employee qualifications and trends in employee trainings; and changes in job title, job description, job classification or supervisor
Detailed Listing of Responsibilities
- Maintains employee records, human resource data bases and computer software systems, and manual filing systems.
- Responsible for maintaining a personnel record for each employee
- Ensures that each individual has a complete personnel record
- Facilitates personnel records to be kept in a secured, locked area
- Facilitates the processes that current staff members may review their personnel record by making an appointment with Human Resources Director.
- Maintains confidentiality of employment records and sorting outdated records. Updates employees’ records and keeping daily records of employees.
- Records employee data and monitors departmental changes of staff for record updates.
- Plans record filing systems by creating hard-copy and electronic folders; files and retrieves information in accordance with departmental records management procedures.
- Manages the location and storage of records; conducts records audit; and organizes the disposal of records in accordance with their retention schedule.
- Enters the following documents as part of an employee’s personnel record:
- Signed and dated offer letter- wage or salary information,- notices of commendation, warning or discipline,- performance evaluations and reviews,- attendance and paid time off records
- Changes in job title, job description, job classification or supervisor.
- Verifies existing and new employee’s result, NYSC, previous work place verification
- Implements file operating policy and procedural improvements:
- Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on the University policy, procedures and documentations.
- Helps with implementation of services, policies and programs through HR staff and assists university managers on HR issues.
- Ensures that access to information and records is controlled at all times in accordance to departmental policies.
- Coordinates the internal work flow systems and procedures within the HR Department:
- Provides strategic and administrative advice and support to HR Officers as needed.
- Facilitates clerical and secretarial support to maintain the effective running of the records office
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree and three to five years of human resource experience.
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Experience with MS-Office.
- Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
- Confidentiality concerning personal files and records.
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.