The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking a suitable and qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below, this position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
The HR Officer (Benefits) must have a clear understanding of university’s objectives and be able to devise and implement policies which select, develop and retain the right staff needed to meet these objectives
The HR Officer (Benefits) is charged with the responsibility of implementing and administering benefits for employees of the University
This includes the issuance of corporate lines, enrolment in Health Insurance Programs, administering pension, tracking leaves as well as paying out leave grants to eligible staff to mention a few
The position shall report directly to the Assistant Director Recruitment & General Administration
Detailed Listing of Responsibilities
- Issues all employee benefits within the policies and procedures of the AUN Personnel Manual
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive benefit plan and data base for all employees to ensure equality and efficient distribution of these benefits
- Provides advice and guidance to departments and manages the day to day operational aspects of the Benefits functions.
- Provides analytical support for the development, implementation and reporting of employee benefits
- Administers the leave tracking system, and provides assistance on vacation entitlement calculations (Leave Grant).
- Makes available Pension administrators for employee to register with.
- Completes the final issuance and severance allowances and benefits for leaving employees, overtime and annual leave.
- Works with Finance department in executing monthly payroll accurately in a timely manner and ensuring that all Benefits to be paid get to Payroll Office every month.
- Evaluates and recommend applicable benefits for new hires and employees with changes in title.
- Maintains confidentiality of information about employees, records and sorting outdated records.
- Updates employees’ records and keeping daily records of employees as regards to benefits
- Answers general questions, direct employees to other HR employees, support HR employees in the performance of their responsibilities.
- Helps with implementation of services, policies and programs assists university managers on HR issues regarding employee benefits.
- Manages and provides advice on the Nigeria Social Health Insurance Scheme (NSITF) for new and existing staff registration and ensures reimbursement of claim in cases of occupational injury.
- Ensures group life employee list are up to date and follow up with payment to beneficiary where an employee is deceased
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred from Finance or Business Management and three to five years of human resource experience.
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, tax and local law.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Experience with MS-Office.
- Other requirements and Abilities:
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Able to work under stress to meet tight deadlines and handling multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
- Able to handle confidential information appropriately
- Self-motivated, independent and proactive.
- Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.